Engagement

...AUTHOR'S POV...

Haarika pulled the sleeves of her sweater down to cover her hands, trying to stay warm on a chilly night. Despite the weather, she wanted to take a walk around the building by herself to clear her head. She was tired of her mother's constant suggestions on how to be a good wife and was relieved that her father had been kinder to her lately, with fewer taunts. However, when he brought up their business expansion, they would argue, giving her a break from the topic. She was unsure of what awaited her at the Singhania household. As for her fiancé, he avoided her after the incident, but she reminded herself that it was just a contract marriage and didn't mind much.

--HAARIKA POV--

As everyone around me prepared for an engagement ceremony, I was busy preparing for the contract deal. Although my friends and family were enthusiastic about the future, they were unaware that my plans had no future. I had always dreamed about my wedding, family, and soulmate since childhood. I had two dreams, one for my professional life and the other for my personal family life. In my professional life, I had already taken the first step by attending my dream university and had also landed my dream job, which I was currently succeeding in. However, destiny had different plans for my personal family life. I had never been in a relationship because I was more focused on building my career, and I thought I would do everything after marriage. Unfortunately, my excitement had died out as I realized my personal life plans were not going as expected.

After getting out of the car, I smoothed down my dress. Although I wasn't completely comfortable in it, my mom had insisted that I wear it. I was relieved to be on the opposite side of the car, away from prying eyes. The pink lengha hugged my body tightly shaping my body, then flared out as it reached the ground. It had taken me ten minutes to get into the car with the flaring material, but getting out was much easier. "You look stunning, sis. Let's go?" Roohan said, holding my hand for support. I sighed and put on a smile as I walked around the car. Dida came forward and complimented my dress. "Thank you," I replied softly, she smiled and patted my cheek with affection.

 "Thank you," I replied softly, she smiled and patted my cheek with affection

I finally laid eyes on the man I was about to become engaged to. Every time I saw him, I thought he couldn't look any better, but I was proven wrong yet again. Our gazes met and I felt a strange sensation inside me. I couldn't help but blush at the intensity of the way he was looking at me. He looked so damn good like Someone sue that man for looking like this... I quickly walked over to him to shake off my hesitation. As I looked around the hall, I noticed it was a large rectangular space. At the far end of the hall, there was a podium set up. The windows were draped with beautiful white nets, and strings of white light bulbs adorned the room. The stage in front was decorated with pink, white, and blue flowers, as well as pink and white drapes.

As I approached the stage, I held onto my lehenga to steady myself on the stairs. To my surprise, he offered his hand to help me up. Maybe it's just because of the media and guests. Once we settled on the stage, he glanced at me a couple of times, but I couldn't decipher his expression. He was good at concealing his emotions. Despite spending 30 minutes together, we hadn't exchanged a single word. The ceremony began, and we were asked to exchange rings. We both took the rings, and the elders encouraged us to put them on.