Chapter 22

AN: I'm updating this as I'm in class lol. I work hard for y'all ;)

     I woke up the next morning still exhausted from yesterday. I was happier that I now didn't have to worry about Victoria coming after me. Edward killed her, and for that he has my thanks. I got up and out of bed to go see Jacob. Once I came downstairs, my dad greeted me like normal.

     "No Jacob today?" he asked, "He's here almost all of the time."

     "He uh... had an accident." I lied.

     His eyes shot to mine with concern, "Is he alright? What happened?"

     I thought hard about this excuse. I thought about saying he fell down the stairs, but his house didn't have any stairs, and during the weekend the alibi was me staying with Alice.

     "He rebuilt a motorcycle, and while riding it his wheel got caught on a branch. Fell down and skidded on the road."

     "Jesus, I hope he's alright. How's Billy holding up?"

     "He's worried, but Dr. Cullen is looking after Jacob. He has some peace of mind." I responded shrugging.

     "Oh, good. I hope he has a speedy recovery then." he said sipping his coffee.

     "He'll be okay. I'm actually going to visit him now." I said with my thumb over my shoulder.

     My father nodded, "Give him my best wishes."

     "I will," I smiled.

     I turned around, got my keys, hopped into my truck, and drove to Jacob's. Once I had gotten there, it was dewey outside. I got out of the truck and saw the pack leaving and running into the woods. I knocked on the front door to see Emily who greeted me happily.

     "Y/N! Welcome back." she smiled sweetly.

     "Hey Emily. How is he?" I asked as I walked in.

     "He's been asking for you a lot this morning. 'When's Y/N coming? Where is she? I need to see her.'" she mocked him, leading me to his room.

     I giggled at her joke, "Ah, I love him."

     "We all do," she smiled, and knocked on his door, "Jacob, you have a visitor."

     She opened the door and I stood in the doorway to see him sitting up in his bed with less bandages on than before. The brightest smile grew on his face as he saw me. I walked in and Emily left us alone.

      "Good morning," I said sitting on his bed beside him.

     "Hey," he sounded a lot better than last night.

     "You look much better than before." I said.

     "I feel better, too." he moved his arm around freely, and winced a little, "I should be okay by 2pm." he chuckled.

     "Hope so." I smiled.

     "How are you feeling though?" he asked, furrowing his brows.

     I shrugged, "I'm definitely a little sore, and pretty tired, but I'm fine."

     "That's all I care about." he smiled.

     He brought my face in with his hand and kissed my forehead. He looked back down at me,  and stroked my cheek with his thumb. I pressed my cheek into his hand lovingly, but we were interrupted by a loud knocking at the door. I snapped my head back and got up. I opened Jacob's door to see Emily walking to the front door. Once she opened it, Edward could be seen in the frame with a panicked look on his face.