Up

Noah :

Noah :

I skated over to Sophie, noticing something off with her usually cheerful self. She looked extremely pale, so much it was sickening.

Now that I think of it, she had looked this way since Monday. What the hell was she on?

Sophie is lighter and more unnoticeable  feather, but her energy matches one of a bunny. She was not looking like a bunny right now.

More like a hungover Ryan that drank too much and is more dehydrated than the Sahara desert. But somehow more dainty and less elephant like.

If I do say so myself, Madame Angpol was quite unfair with her. She can't just send her off without asking about her physical condition, just because Sophie can't do shit anymore doesn't mean she can't ask a simple question like "Are you okay?".

"Sophie? You okay?" I kept my distance, thinking she was going to throw up. Please don't throw up Sophie. 

Actually instead, she looked as if she were about to collapse on the ground again. And that girl has been through enough physically. A hard hit to the head and she's done for.

"Idophumsoguh" She mumbled inaudibly. Her body beginning to sway as she attempted to waddle to the exit.

"Huh?" I blurted out like an idiot. That was in fact a very stupid query. She was definitely not okay. I could feel the concern rising upon me as her face began getting paler and paler.

Sophie lost her balance, falling unconscious and into the barrier. Shit. My lower self shifted on their own accord once I realised she wasn't gonna move any time soon.

I quickly approached her limp body and collected her from the ice. "Sophie?" I said clutching her face with my free hand.

"Coach!" I called out into the stands where he sat. What the fuck? I don't know what happened but she needs medical attention.

Thank god he came rushing faster than Madame Angpol could even notice, because Sophie was out cold. Her pillow lips a putrid purple, and skin pale and cold.

"What the fuck happened Alcocer?" Coach skated towards gruffly us whilst still adjusting his chunky hockey boots. Seeming to be fed up with the amount of debacle's that have been caused by the very same person, me.

"I don't know, well-  me and Henry may or may not have had a little accident and she just fainted." I indirectly implied the truth of the situation.

"You and Henry had an accident? You know what, I don't care. But what I do care about is the fact that Angpol is going to murder my fifty year old ass after she finds out one of her skaters are out. Now come on, your old man is too old for this." He ushered me out of the rink before I could even respond., deliberately shielding both of us so Madame Angpol doesn't notice.

"We can't just hide her, she'll find out eventually." I kicked on my blade covers, pissed off that I'm liable.

"Look Noah do you want to help the girl or not? No shit she's going to find out, but at least this way the girl isn't dead or something and in the infirmary." Unconscious coach. Unconscious not dead.

This was extremely stupid, Coach was being stupid. But what can I do? Sophie's hurt and if she doesn't go to the infirmary soon, she'll stay unconscious for at least a day or two.

"Fine."

We both sped off down the nearest hallway that would lead to the exit, Sophie's little legs still dangling from my arms.

Murmurs from excess students in the hallway erupted as soon as Coach kicked open the doors of the Glacial sports building. I glared back at everyone in response.

Once we reached the infirmary, I laid her down onto the closest visible bed, and untangled her body.

"Oh goodness what happened to her?" Mrs Calloway the nurse came hurrying over, an anxious expression dawning on her face.

Coach nudged me in the shoulder, allowing me to proceed to tell her about what happened.

"She passed out on the ice, I don't know why but she's out cold." I spoke as monotonely as possible.

"Alright. Thank you dear. But this is a serious medical issue and we need to do a little check up on her, would you mind escorting yourself out of the room please? She'll be back in her dorm by dinner."

"Sure." I sent the woman a brief nod before detaching myself from the situation.

"Great." Coach followed me out of the room.
"Now if Angpol questions, whatever you do, do not answer. The less she knows the better."

"Got it." I said shortly.

"Alcocer. I mean it. Now go back to training I don't want you to miss ice time. I'll be back as soon as I know the girl is alright." He shooed me off blatantly.

I was already on my way before he finished his sentence.

Internally, I felt guilty for just complying with what coach wanted. I also felt bad for even feeling the tinge of reluctance on the way here.

But something just wouldn't leave me alone.

Why the fuck would she pass out?