CHAPTER SEVEN, meetings

"welcome to new york!"

— welcome to new york, taylor swift

irl + social media

gabriella had finally arrived in new york and was currently waiting for the boy that her dad had mentioned to show up.

she was scrolling through her instagram when an unknown voice called out to her.

"gabriella moore?" she looked up and started walking towards the boy. the redhead stopped at him and waved.

the boy seemed to be in a state of shock, before he fixated his attention to her. "hey, i'm aiden lee! your dad told me to come pick you up for the meeting."

she nodded slowly as the air grew tense and she started go rock on her feet. he quickly moved from his spot to help her carry her bags and ushered her to the car.

once situated, he turned on the radio, which was playing taylor swift, so she was quietly humming to the lyrics of "state of grace."

aiden started to make small talk, eventually finding out small things about her, and things he didn't know.

for some reason, aiden felt drawn to the girl beside her. he loved the way she listened to him, and the way her head flew back when she laughed. he was entranced by her, but he knew better than to like his bosses daughter.

by the time he snapped out of his trance, they had arrived at their destination. he quickly got out of his seat and ran around to open her door. she smiled up at him and his cheeks turned a soft shade of pink as he looked down. the brunette closed the door and turned around to help her enter the building.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

it was safe to say that the meeting was extremely boring. there was a lot of bickering between the two companies and for gabriella (who had no clue what was going on), and for aiden (who just worked there), everyone left confused and/or frustrated.