Rainn [16]

-10 months later-

"I'm going to find you little bugger"Emmet said lurking around the living room, a toddler was lightly giggling to himself hidden under the sofa. Rainn and Emmet were plying hide n seek, and the poor toddler was no match to the bulky vampire who was messing with Rainn, fully aware of where he was hiding. Rainn's giggles were a such dead giveaway, so much so that Emmet wouldn't have needed his enhanced hearing to locate where Rainn was.
Rainn had managed to waddle his way and crawl under the sofa as it was the best hiding place his little mind could think of. Pretty smart of an 18month old if you ask me.

After a few moments Emmet started seemingly walking away to give a false sense of hope to the small boy still hidden making baby think he was safe, until Emmet called out,
"Found you" before pulling at Rainn's stubby leg sliding the boy out from under the sofa on his tubby stomach. Rainn giggling after giving a little boy screech with the sudden contact.
"Uh find meeee" Rainn giggled out sitting up, him wriggling his little body around in a very cute movement. Rainn being dressed in a little pair of baby sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt covering his baby like body and some small little socks with non slip grips on the bottom.

"Yeah I found you little bear" Emmet said allowing the small boy in front of him to get upright and comfortable, before reaching down and lifting the small boys body into his arms. Rainn easily cuddling into the open welcoming arms.
"Me, me, me go" Rainn started babbling out, excitement bubbling from his small body being so happy to play him raising his arms up and stretching his chubby fingers out. Emmet reaching his head out to kiss both of Rainn's little hands, making Rainn giggle.

"You go?"Emmet asked trying to decide what Rainn wanted. To which Rainn nodded and tried to worm and wriggle his way out from Emmets arms, obviously wanting to be put down. Yet as soon as this started it soon ended as Rosalie had now entered the room, causing the two to stop and turn to her. Rosalie was quick to make her way over to the two and scoop Rainn out from her husbands arms and kiss his cute little cheeks. Rainn lightly squealing at this affection as he turned his face away from his mama due to the ticklyness that he felt.

"Are you hungry sweetie?" Rosalie asked already making her way to the kitchen, with the intent to have her son eat.
To which Rainn nodded as he could feel his tummy rumble slightly, Rainn sitting on Rosalie's side clinging to her neck. His now bigger body meant that he had to be carried differently to assure his comfort.

"Thought you might be, did you have fun with your daddy?" She then asked the small boy in her arms. Rainn always got slightly confused when she referred to his uncle Emmy as daddy or dada to him. She was the only one and Rainn would always then think in his brain of his uncle Emmy being his dada, however he also had another dada leading to more confusion. His papaw and Memee would refer to him as uncle Emmy but mama would call him dada. Rainn mostly called him dada unless he'd been addressed differently at that time.

Ever since Rosalie started becoming into Rainns mother the boy started addressing her as such. The amount of content and joy that filled her heart when he first called her mama was all she needed to flow in content for the rest of eternity. This affirming her role in Rainn's life, then taking a toll on how controlling she would then become to Rainns life and schedule. Her always making sure he went to bed at his bedtime, making sure his naps were taken and undisturbed for the 3 hours that were recommended in all the parenting books and by doctors, made sure he was eating homemade and healthy food and kickstarting on helping him mobilise himself and introducing him to new words.
She was quick to take as Rainn's primary caregiver, thus involving Emmet.

He couldn't say that he didn't feel the same way his wife did when 'dada' first come out of Rainn's mouth to address him. However as much as he wanted to proudly hold that title in Rainn's mind, he knew that it wouldnt last long nor that it was right for Rainn. He already had a dad and when Rainn grew up he knew that the boy would stop seeing him as a father and back to the uncle he technically was.
But he couldn't bring it to himself to correct Rainn, he knew that it got to Edward immensely but arguing with an 18 month old was almost impossible, with his loyalty to his brother to would never refer to himself as dada in front of Rainn nor insinuate it, that was all Rosalie. But he wasn't going to go against her in any sense.
Carlisle, Esme and Edward had all had to talk to Rosalie on the topic, but it never led to a viable conclusion leading to no change. Rosalie had it all fixed in her brain that her and Emmet were Rainn's parents, and nothing was going to change her mind on the matter.

"Come on you've got to eat everything on your plate" Rosalie said to the now boy in his highchair. Rosalie was a very no-nonsense mother, what she said goes with most of her decisions being in regard to Rainn's health and his safety. This she planned to continue on throughout Rainn's life for when he started to become a bit more devious. She already knew that Emmet was/would be taking the completely opposite approach, helping himself get away with every devious plot that the two would have come up with.
She was very intent of the pair of them to become as close to the boy as possible.

Rainn was messily eating banana slices and raspberries with a plastic fork, with some banana pieces completely missing his mouth and ending up on the floor, he enjoyed the raspberries too much to allow them to slip out of his mouth.
"Rainn little bear do you want some more juice?" Emmet asked. Rainn was placed in a highchair at the end of the dining table, with Emmet and Rosalie sat down on chairs either side of him keeping an eye on the wriggly 18 month old.
"Mmmmm" Rainn mumbled fully focused on the fruit pieces, Emmet smiling at Rainn's nonchalant answer before quickly rising and fetching Rainn another drink.

"Tasty Rainn?" Rosalie asked her small boy who looked up to her when he heard her voice. Rainn just nodding his head swiftly at her question, him understanding what she was asking him. Rainn's little cheeks stuffed with food.
Curving her mouth up slightly Rosalie reached out and started stroking Rainn's blond hair, Rainn feeling this he instantly went back to staring at the remainder of his food and munching on the remaining amount in his mouth.

"Here you are little buddy" Emmet said placing the sippy cup down onto the tray attached to the highchair. Rainn's eyes widening slightly in contempt at his newly filled drink.

"What do you say Rainn" Rosalie lectured to Rainn wanting him to be polite and thankful.
Rainn swallowed the food in his mouth and tuned to his dada speaking out loud,
"Tankoo dada" he squeaked out cutely looking up to the man.
"No problem buddy"Emmet replied kissing the top of Rainn's fluffy head, whilst Rainn went back for his food wriggling his little behind as he went back in to taste all the sweetness of the fruit in front of him.

11th September 2023
11337 words
Just starting university far away from home so updated may be varied.