𝟗. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Yuvaani

I smiled at him as he thanked me. A thick silence fell between us. A gentle cool breeze touched my face giving me a sense of peace.

"But.." I turned to him as I heard him. His lips twitched a bit, giving me a hint of him being hesitant. I stood silent asking him to continue by raising my eyebrows.

"You don't have to really do anything for us. You don't need to sacrifice anything. I mentioned this before. I ain't saying this in a bad way, but in a good way" he added. His voice held concern.

"I ain't sacrificing anything" I simply said. His eyes met mine and lingered on my face a bit. Whenever he looks at me, an unknown sensational spark evacuates within my body, but I don't really know what it is.

But I've noticed the thing that whenever I see him as my 'husband' this spark generates. It didn't happened when we met before marriage or anything.

"We both know you're lying. I really don't want to bring my life stuff between you and your things. You can continue living the way you lived. You don't have to change anything. And I mean that"

I simply nodded.

"I'll forever be grateful to you for marring me. For my kids. Knowing the fact that I can't ever love you. Thank you, Yuvaani" he remarked.

Will he always bring the fact again and again that I married him despite knowing he loved her. It somehow chafed my heart. I know the very fact. But I'm trying to live by it. He don't need to bring that things again and again !

"Don't thank me, thank my father then" I said and came to the bedroom. I didn't had the heart to talk to him any further. I don't know why.

It's something else. I don't have any issues or questions with his ex-wife. But he don't need to mention the fact that I won't ever recieve my husband's love.

He came behind me and slided the Balcony door. He took the pillow and was moving somewhere I can't assume !

"Wait, where are you-?" I asked.

"To sleep"

"So bed is here na !" I remarked pointing towards the bed.

"Are you serious ? How can we share the bed ?"

"It's a double bed. Even four people can adjust on it swiftly. And we are just two, we have enough space"

"But I don't want to" he retorted quickly without any second thought, but it came out rough.

It's not I'm dying to share with him. What about his kids ? What if they need him at night ? I just want to normalise things. But he didn't want to, it somewhere hurt my self respect as he must be thinking that I'm desperate.

"This is your house. I came today and I'm no one to snatch your comfort and kick you out of your own bed. And as far as sharing was concerned, I said so as your kids might need you in the middle of the night" I confirmed and got out of the room.

I was hurt. But I didn't want to describe it. I went to the living room and sat there thinking about other stuff that could distract me.

____

"Yuvaani ?" I felt a little shake on my shoulder. I leisurely opened my eyes to see who it was. I jerked opening my eyes widely as I saw Ishani Di ! What is she doing at my place- ?

Wait- Oh. It's not my place anymore. I'm married. I remind myself.  I looked around and found I was in living room. Oh ! I slept here last night. Nice !