The Moon And The Sky

August 10th

Tierra sat with her mother watching 'Partenity Court'.

Sheʼd come over after work to check in on her and ended up watching the show with her mother.

Her mother, Jenevieve looked over to her daughter, “Do you think he's the father?”. Tierra shrugged, she was watching the show but she didn't focus on what was happening.

Jenevieve shook her head, “Well I think he ain't. That child is a whole darkbone and the momma a lightskin and the dad a whole Latino. That ain't his, she was out there being a ho”. Tierra laughed at her mother's words.

Tierra got up from her seat, “I'mma go home and sleep. I just came to check in on you”. Jenevieve nodded her head and got up from hers as well, “Thank you baybeh and call me tomorrow”

Tierra brought her mother in for a hug, “I will. I love you”. Tierra said rubbing her mother's back, “I love you too sweetheart”. Jenevieve expressed as they broke apart from the hug

Tierra walked out of her mother's house and got into her car and drove home.

She got into her penthouse and locked the door behind her. She then took a shower and changed into her nightwear and went to her kitchen to fix up something to eat, looking in her fridge, she couldn't decide what she wanted so she settled with Uber Eats.

Thirty minutes later, her food had arrived. She tipped the Uber Eats guy and locked up her door once again.

She ate her food sitting in her living room with a glass of wine in her hand and the music of her favorite artist Sáde played in her background.

I was the one
I who could
Pull in all the stars above
Lay them on your feet
And I gave you my love
You are the one that got me started

Tierra nodded her head to the music, “You could have let me, love anyone but I only wanted you”. She sang softly

Why did you make me cry
Why didn't you come get me one last time
You always knew the reason why
We could've had the moon and the sky

She thought of her father as the song continued to play. Her father, Christian had played a lot of Sadeʼs music when she was younger, that's how she grew to favor Sáde.

He died when she was 16 from an asthma attack and it had broke her more than anything.

As much as she'd been close with her mother, her father was her bestfriend. He was always there for her when she felt alone and had been her go-to person when she felt sad or lonely.

When he died, she felt as though her soul left with him. She never properly dealt with his death till she turned eighteen when she began attending therapy. Therapy helped alot but she still tended to dwell on the past, which was something her therapist advised not to do.

Sheʼd later been diagnosed with anxiety and had since been prescribed anti-depressants for whenever she felt overwhelmed or depressed.

Now twenty-one, she still dissociates from reality to stabalise her emotions.

“If I were to die today, promise me that you won't follow me”, she remembered what her father always used to say to her and her mother

Feeling tears settle on her face as she thought of him, she quickly set her wine on her coffee table and turned her music off.

She went up to her room plugging in her phone to charge and set it on the nightstand.

She brushed her teeth and got into her bed snuggling in her bed covers falling asleep immediately.

... And I gave you my love🍀

FIRST CHAPTER

This is not edited so please excuse my mistakes...