II

Judah Skye Mizrahi
Manhattan New York
Monday 12:32 am.

Judah adjusted the tempo of the beat before he replayed it from the beginning. He smiled at the outcome while bobbing his head.

The beat caused Judah to slip into a daze as he spun around in his chair. He was lost in his thoughts while the beat continued to play, the rhythm and melody blending together like a perfect harmony. He closed his eyes, focusing solely on the sound, allowing it to wash away all of his worries and cares. He felt the music course through his veins, energizing his spirit.

He loved moments like this where he wasn't worried about society.

"Why are you still here?" Lauryn, his executive producer asked. Judah shrugged and turned off the beat and logged out of his computer. Her presence disturbed his peace and that upset him since he rarely felt relaxed without being medicated.

"I was just about to head out." Judah responded with annoyance in his voice.

"See you Juggy." She smiled and waved while Judah walked out of the studio with his computer and backpack in hand. Judah couldn't tell if she was flirting with him or if she was just a pleasant person. Either way he didn't want anything to do with her. Her vibe was off. But why should he judge? He was just as 'weird'.

Despite the cold wind blowing toward his face, Judah sat his things in the backseat of his car before getting into the front seat to blast the heat. After feeling his hands start to shake, Judah leaned further back in his seat. His eyes wandered off to the side as he sighed. He sometimes wished he could go 24 hours without taking pills to deal with his problems.

Judah had become so accustomed to using pills as a coping mechanism that he had forgotten how to deal with his problems without them. He was hoping that this time, he could make it through the day without turning to medication.

Taking one of the many pill bottles from his glove department, he reached down and pulled it out. They were all filled with unprescribed medicine with his name on them just in case he got 'caught' or pulled over. He tossed 2 back dry before settling back into his seat.

He waited over 15 minutes for the effect to take over before he was able to gather the strength to start driving himself back home. His signature smile escaped his lips while he sang along to 'Wood Lady' by Toosii.

Judah just needed that push from something or someone.

Although he grew up in a loving two-parent household most would think he had nothing to complain about. Most were right, he himself didn't even know how he got to this lowest point in his life. Despite the loving two-parent home he was raised in, Judah still had his own inner struggles and issues. Those feelings of inadequacy and doubt built up over time, leading to his eventual downfall.

He wished he could turn back and relive those moments but that was absolutely impossible and here he was stuck on a planet he no longer felt wanted or needed. He remembered when he was celebrated for his accomplishments and contributions to the world. Now it felt like no one even knew he existed-- Besides his brother, he seemed to be the only one who hadn't forgotten about him.

As Judah shook his head and exited his car, he didn't bother to grab his bags from his backseat and walked up the steps to his brick one-story house. Despite making more money than four average people, Judah was only one person, so he felt no need to have a large living space when he couldn't be in more than one place at once. It was comfortable for him and Roy. The property even had a garage, a basement, and a good amount of back yard.

Judah stepped out of his Yeezy 350's and soon emerged from his Addidas hoodie while walking down the short hall to his room. "Roy, where you at boy?" Judah asked and walked back in the living room. Soon Roy came up the basement stairs. Judah smiled lazily and refilled his water bowl.