Junoon 5

DISCLAIMER: The male lead is extremely obsessive and possessive and maybe borderline toxic. I will not change that at all. He is going to go to many heights to get his girl.

Author's POV

Salaar had left more of an impact than he could imagine on the Siddiqui family. Zara was internally shaken but there was still a part of her that thought this might be it and maybe he would not do anything stupid but it was Salaar Hussain Sikander we were talking about.

She couldn't quite do anything, they did try to contact the police but the results of that weren't the best. The Siddiqui's also didn't know what Salaar actually did. Being a normal CEO does not explain him being immune to the police.

They had a feeling he was someone much more influential but had no idea who. Adeel tried asking his colleagues at the hospital who might know about Hussain group which was a major shareholder of the hospital but everyone was clueless. (A/N: fyi i don't know if hospitals have shareholders or not lol. Its so funny how I literally expose myself 😭😭)

It was now the next working day and Zara had to go to the hospital. Her family did try to stop her from going, they didn't want any harm coming her way. Especially after they knew that Salaar was the major shareholder of the hospital, they were skeptical of how things might go for her.

Zara just assured them and said that she couldn't stay home. She had a busy schedule today with 3 surgeries back to back. She left with Adeel who had told her to call him if anything happened right before she exited the car.

Zara stepped foot into the hospital and immediately went towards the elevator to reach her floor. She met with one of her co-workers, Shazia. "Hii Zara, tumhari tabiyat theek he?" She asked, concerned about her health. (Are you ok?)

"Han men bilkul theek hoon." Zara just numbly replied without any energy. Shazia looked at her warily and asked again, "Are you sure?" (Yes, I am ok.)

"Han, bilkul theek hoon." Zara said again with a more convincing smile. "Aj ka schedule bohut packed he so I have to go." She continued, to which Shazia gave an agreeing hum. (Yes, I am completely fine.) (Today's schedule is very packed so I have to go.)

Zara then walked out and met with the anesthesiologist to discuss the first surgery of the day. Once the anesthesiologist gave the go ahead, Zara immediately began surgery.

During the surgery, her mind went back to Salaar and her hand couldn't help but shake. The nurses assisting her asked if she was alright to which she could only hum. (A/N: Fun fact- I heard surgeons and operating room nurses listen to songs while operating which is kind of slay yet very unsettling 💀💀 like I don't want to wake up in the middle of my surgery and hear chikni chameli playing.)

After the first 2 surgeries were done, she went to her office to have a break. Her last surgery had quite some time left and she desperately needed something to eat after the tiring hours of her standing.

She was enjoying her sandwich when the telephone in her office started ringing loudly. She finished chewing and picked up the phone, keeping it to her ear. "Doctor Zara. Please report to the director's office." The voice of a young lady rang through the telephone.

The director of the hospital was an old lady who was pretty strict and Zara had wished more than once for her to already retire. She put the phone down and grabbed her coat to give the old hag a visit.

When Zara reached the top floor (The director's office), the secretary pointed to a door for her to go to. She stood in front of the door and breathed in. She knocked twice and went in.