𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞|Tension

Farha and Kai head down the other end of the hall while Leonid and I go down the other end

Farha and Kai head down the other end of the hall while Leonid and I go down the other end. I decide not to talk to him because he'll only just piss me off.

Taking a right, I come across a room full of computers and I immediately head inside when I notice no one inside.

"Watch the door." I tell him, sitting down in the chair opposite a computer.

He grunts but doesn't protest and watches the door with his gun in his hand. While he does that, I start up the computer and check through the file to see if I can find any clue as to why the hell Dominic is here. Or at least who he's here to see.

I come across a file labelled 'Red Project' and I immediately click onto it. Red. Everything always links back to them.

"Take a look at this." I say, nudging Leonid.

He shoots me a glare and walks over to where I'm sitting. Leaning over my shoulder, he looks at the computer screen and furrows his eyebrows.

"Red?"

"Everything links back to them."

"What's the project?" He asks.

"We don't have time to look," I say, taking a USB stick out of my pocket and sticking it into the computer. Just in case. "I'll check it out later."

He hums but it's only now that I realise his head is so close to mine. He turns his head and runs his tongue along the corner of his mouth. I let my eyes flicker across his features his brown hair laying on his forehead to his clean shaven jaw then back to his piercing grey eyes. My lips parted as a soft sigh left them before I bit my bottom lip. I watched his gaze flicker to my lips as he wets his own and then he slowly drags his now darkened eyes back up to mine.

It feels as though the tension between us could be cut with a piece of paper.

The sound of a ding coming from the computer snaps us back into reality. I swallow thickly and turn my gaze back to the screen to see that the download has been completed so I take the USB back.

"What if he's meeting Red here?" He suggests and I snap my head in his direction. We stare at each other for a long moment as the realisation dawns upon us and within seconds we're shooting up from our seats and rushing out the room.

If he's right then Red must be in that room Dominic went into earlier.

On our way there, we meet up with Farha and Kai. We tell them to follow us and wordlessly they do. Reaching the room at the end of the hall, we open it but only to see no one inside. What the hell?

I look around in confusion and glance at Leonid, who looks equally as confused as I do.

"Shit." I mutter, running my hand through my hair.

Leonid goes up to the windows behind the desk. "He just got into his car." He says, quickly rushing towards the door and before I can get a word out he's already out the room.