Chapter 59. Recurring dream

Caleb POV
I felt her squeezing my hand and heard her whimper with her eyes closed. It was still thundering outside and windy.

I looked over at the clock it was 3:45 a.m her whimpering was getting louder she squeezed my hand harder alerting me she wanted to wake up.

"Wake up princess." I whispered softly kissing her cheek a few times to help her wake up. She began to move around squeezing my hand tighter as if she was having trouble waking up.

I got out of the bed letting go of her hand so I could go to the bathroom and wet a cloth. I drenched the cloth under cold water quickly  going back to the bed. She was sobbing and mumbling inaudibly in her sleep.

I wiped her face with the wet cloth making her wake up slowly from the cold water on her face. "It's okay princess I'm here." She grabbed onto my shoulders. I picked her up taking her downstairs to the living room.

"Was it the same dream?" I asked her while walking towards the living room. She nodded her head to respond not able to answer verbally because she was crying.

I grabbed a blanket and two pillows turning on the tv to put on a cartoon for her.

"I-I'm s-sorry d-daddy. I r-really t-tried m-my b-best." She said through sobs. "It's okay princess daddy knows you tried you were really brave I'm really proud of you." I wiped her tears away kissing her cheeks a few times to make her feel better.

I played the movie cradling her in my lap so she could watch the movie. "Relax princess just watch the movie."

She calmed down watching the movie. I covered her with the blanket resting one of my hands on her belly rubbing it soothingly in circular motions.

We watched multiple movies I brought Mr Tinkles and a few snacks for her. The storm passed leaving the sun shining through the windows.

While she was playing with Mr Tinkles on the floor. I laid on the couch watching her play with a smile on my face.

She noticed me staring at her she started blushing with a smile. She stood up walking towards me she laid her head on top of my chest hugging me.

"I l-love y-you d-daddy." I rubbed her back kissing her head softly. "I love you too princess."

There was a knock at the door Aria stood back up letting me get up so I could go get the door. "It's probably Aaron and Layla." She followed behind me grabbing the bottom of my shirt. I opened the door letting in Aaron and Layla.

"Aria!" Aria let go of my shirt so she could hug Layla. She let go of Layla walking back towards me holding my hand. "Are you okay Aria?" Layla asked her seeing how tired she looked.

Aria looked up at me wrapping her arms around me hugging me. "What's going on Caleb?" Aaron asked concerned. "She keeps having the same nightmares. She didn't sleep all night because of it." I explained to them.

Layla rubbed Arias back feeling bad for her. I picked her up walking us to the living room. I let her nibble on my neck while me and Aaron talked. Aaron kept Layla busy with his phone letting her play games.

She stopped nibbling on my neck laying her head on my shoulder closing her eyes tiredly. She fell asleep snoring softly holding onto my shirt tightly. "Is she sleeping?" Layla asked. "Yeah." I confirmed to her.

"Can I go play in the playroom untill Aria wakes up?" She asked Aaron. "If Caleb's fine with it then you can go just don't make a mess or be loud." He told her. "It's fine Layla go ahead." I let her go she smiled happily at me and Aaron.

"How long has she been having the same nightmare?" Aaron asked curiously. "Since she seen her parents in the basement." I told him.

"Ron told her to try controlling her mind into dreaming about what she loves and what makes her happy we tried it last night but it didn't work. She was scared to go back to sleep so I let her stay up all night." I explained to him everything that occurred last night.

"How many months is she now?" He asked with a smile. "She's about to be six months pregnant on Thursday next week." I laid her down on the couch so she could sleep more comfortably.

"We need to plan our wedding day she wanted you and Layla to help us with our wedding plans." "That's awesome Layla is gonna be so happy to help. I'm so happy for you Caleb you really deserve this." He patted my back proudly.

"D-daddy." I heard Aria call out for me reaching  for me. "Sleep princess try to sleep a little longer baby you need it." I tried to convince her.

"I w-want y-you d-daddy." I picked her up to cradle her in my lap. She fell back asleep in my arms almost instantly.

"I feel really bad for her. This must be really draining for her to go through." Aaron spoke up. "She's really strong she's getting through it tho she just needs time to heal." I kissed her head softly smiling at her proudly.

"Maybe we should come over tomorrow and talk about the wedding plans when shes feeling better and has more energy." Aaron suggested because of her sleepy state.

"Thanks for coming guys I'll call you in the morning to let you know if she's feeling better." "Alright I'll see you tomorrow then." He said before leaving to get Layla from the playroom so they could leave.

I heard Layla coming down the stairs. "Can I go hug Aria before we leave please?" She begged Aaron. "Go ahead but be careful and quiet so you don't wake her she needs to rest."

She came over hugging Aria gently. "Tell her I said I miss her." She whispered softly so she wouldn't wake up Aria. "I will. Bye Layla." She waved goodbye going back to Aaron so they could leave.

I got up carrying Aria to our bedroom so she could sleep more comfortably. I kicked open our bedroom door laying her down on the bed gently so she wouldn't wake up.

I got in the bed next to her pulling her closer towards me covering us in the blanket. I knew it wouldn't be long before she woke up again from the same nightmare.

She was trying the best she could especially now for our baby. I called Dr Ron to come over later on today so we could try to figure out something to help her. But I knew this was something she was going to have to try to get through slowly.

"I love you princess." I whispered to her closing my eyes so I could get some sleep before she wakes up. I kissed her forehead softly before I let myself fall asleep.