It's official. She hates me.

Lexi's POV
I watch as the hotheaded girl storms out. What was that about?

I turn to Kayla, "Does she have a serious problem with me?" I ask.

"No. Of course not. She just takes time to warm up to new people."

"Oh ok," I say hesitantly.

Somehow I don't believe that. It might have been the death glare Willow was sending me all throughout lunch.

I finish eating without another word. I just listen to the others talking about normal things.

Lunch soon ends and Kayla shows me to my next class.

"I really appreciate you showing me around." I tell her.

"Oh, it's no problem at all. I'm happy to help."

...

Kayla continued to bring me to each of my classes and finally the day was over.

I walk out to the parking lot and get in my car. I own a white convertible mini cooper. I know that compared to everyone else's car in this rich ass town it's not much, but I like it.

I drive home. I walk into my house and find my mom waiting for me. "How was your first day sweetie?" She asks curiously.

It was fine other than the fact that I unintentionally made someone hate me.

"It was amazing!" I lie.

"You make any friends?"

"Ya. I did."

"Amazing. Do I know them?"

"I'm not sure. You might know their parents through business."

Did I forget to mention that I am in fact rich. I mean I wouldn't be going to Whittington Prep if I wasn't. Hell, we wouldn't be living anywhere near Lake Springs if we weren't in the top 1%.

My mom owns a pretty big company, which produces various different products. She is known for being a CEO who doubles as a fashion designer.

I certainly don't need anyone at school knowing that I'm the famous Lindsay Leighton's daughter. They will probably find out soon enough though.

We moved here for many reasons:
1) We needed a change in scenery
2) Whittington Prep is the top rated school in the country
3) This town is home to some of the richest and most influential families in the country
4) My mom was hoping to make a deal with one of them

"Oh. Just so you know, we're hosting a dinner for some of my old friends and their children tonight," my mom informs me.

"Ok. I'm going to go start on my homework right away then."

"Ok Sweetie. Just be ready by 7 o'clock and wear that new dress I just bought you."

"Ok. Love you Mom," I respond before placing a kiss on her cheek and running upstairs.

I enter my room, which is still filled with boxes. We've been here two weeks already and I still haven't really unpacked.

Most of my clothes are still in the boxes. I haven't bothered to take out the rest of my stuff either. We move so much that I'm used to it. I never fully unpack because I know that we're going to move a few months later.

I said that I'm from Charlotte because that was the last place we lived, but in reality I'm from a lot of places.

We've lived all over the country and even in Europe. We lived in Paris for a while and London too. We even stayed in Milan for a bit while my mother was in her fashion designer days.

A few hours pass as I work on my homework, but it soon became time to get ready. I pick out the dress my mom suggested. It's black and covered with sparkles. It's tight in the chest, but then opens up to a bigger skirt.

It's new and I've never worn it before. My mom got it for me as a 'I'm sorry we're moving again' present.

She always does this. She buys me something expensive because she feels bad. I don't really mind, but it still sucks. Especially since I had spent less than a year a my last school and we were already moving again.

I finish getting ready reapplying my mascara and lip gloss. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup, but the natural look suits me.

I head downstairs just in time to hear the bell ring. My mom opens the door for our guests.

The women who looks to by about my mom's age speaks as soon as the door opened. "Lindsay! How are you? It's been so long since I last saw you."

"Megan. I'm truly amazing," my mother responds happily, leaning in for a hug.

That's when the women's eyes land on me. "This must be your daughter."

"Yes. Hello, I'm Alexa. It's lovely to meet you Mrs...." I start.

"Wells, but please call me Megan." She told me. Weird. That last name sounds familiar, but I don't know where I've heard it before.

"Well. We don't want you standing out there all night doing introductions. Please come in." My mother insists.

They come inside and I take notice of the husband. He's tall and muscular. He doesn't really give off dad vibes. His demeanor is all dark and serious.

My eyes then land on the son. He looks to be about my age. He has brown hair and light blue eyes. He is very good looking and has an athletic build.

"This is our son, Easton. He goes Whittington Prep as well. He's a Junior there." Megan states.

"Sorry. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you had a daughter as well?" My mother questions.

"Oh yes. She and Easton are twins. Unfortunately, she wasn't quite ready when we were leaving. I mean you know how teenage girls are. Always taking an hour to get ready," Megan explains. "She'll be over her soon though."

We all walk into the dining room. My mother sits on the end and Megan on the other. I sit to my mother's left with Easton next to me and his father across from him. That leaves an empty seat across from me.

We start eating the appetizers and making small talk. Ten minutes later the bell rings. That must be the mysterious daughter.

Lexi's dinner dress.