6

"Daksh, I'm so sorry " Roshni mumble with teary eyes. Not wanting to comply with Daksh's order.

"Roshni, let's not dwell on it any longer. Take your position quickly. You should have thought about it before speaking to your teachers with such attitude .When you were already warned ."

She slowly bent down, looking at Daksh who had put his phone back in his pocket. Her face started reflecting embarrassment which she was feeling.

"I promise I won't do it again." She again tried standing up 

"Then that's great. Do it quickly," he said coldly.

Upon hearing his cold voice, she assumed her said position. After a minute, she stood up straight.

"Daksh, my leg hurts a lot," she said, looking at Daksh who was already looking at her.

He didn't reply to her, so she took it as a cue to return to her previous position.

"Stand up," he said, after about thirty minutes.

"This time it was only an thirty minutes Now think twice before doing something that could put you in this position again, and it won't be just this," he said. She suppressed the urge to reply, simply took the water from the table , and drank it all in one go.

"If you want to take a bath then go and do it, but do it quickly and join me downstairs," Daksh said before leaving the room.

"My whole body is in pain now. I can't even stand up. Why did I have to speak up in front of them? Mom, you should help me, right? Why don't you stop him? Look, I'm going to spend the whole day in the bathtub now, not just showering."

𝗗𝗔𝗞𝗦𝗛'𝗦 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

I was setting the table as aunt had left after preparing the food due to some work.

I waited for her for a few minutes.

"Roshni, come downstairs!" I yelled from downstairs. When she didn't come back even after twenty minutes.

What is this girl doing now? Let me call Ayaan first. She enjoys his company. I called Ayaan, and he picked up immediately.

"Ayaan, come home quickly. Why aren't you home yet?"

"Daksh, I told you I'll come by night. I have some work here, so I'll come either at night or in the morning. You both enjoy yourselves and take her on a date. Bye."

Now a days he's always busy. I don't know if he's taking care of himself or not.

"Roshni, come downstairs now. How much more time do you need?" I said as I walked upstairs to her room. I opened her door and found the room empty. Oh, how could I forget? This girl takes showers for hours.

I knocked on the bathroom door, but I didn't hear any reply. So, I opened the door and found Roshni in the bathtub with her eyes closed.

I quickly closed my eyes and left the bathroom. Thank goodness she didn't hear the sound of the bathroom door unlocking. Otherwise she would have killed me.

After a few minutes, Roshni came downstairs with wet hair.

"Sorry, it took longer than I intended," she said. I nodded my head and placed a plate in front of her.

"Are we going to eat this for lunch? Look outside, the weather is so rainy. Can't I have something else, like something crispy?" she asked in sweet tone.

"No, you can't. Did you forget what you had last night?" he said, cutting her off.

She shook her head.

"Here, you enjoy your food. I'm going to college. I have some work there. Don't do anything that will cause trouble, and enjoy your day," I said, kissing her forehead.

𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗛𝗡𝗜'𝗦 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

I smile after daksh left and made MY way to kitchen with a wide smile.

"Finally, he's gone. Let me make some crispy bread rolls for myself. He can enjoy this food alone. I'm not going to have it. Let's make it quickly, and then I'll go upstairs to enjoy this weather. I really love the touch of rain," 

I quickly prepared the bread and deep-fried it. After that, I put some sauce on a plate and ran upstairs, opening the window in My room. I sat beside it.

"Can't this weather last forever?"  I take a bite of the roll and it's so delicious.

"It's so good. I would have left some for Daksh, but he wouldn't appreciate it. Wait, Ayaan is coming today too, right? I'll leave some for him,"

After finishing her roll , I proceeded upstairs. To her dismay, my leg was in excruciating pain. It's truly unfair, daksh can't punish me like that. He reminds me of my childhood school teacher.

As I stepped out into the rain, droplets fell on my face. I gazed up at the sky and twirled around. The beauty of the rain, combined with my full-length anarkali suit, compelled me to dance even more.

Happily, I began performing classical dance steps, momentarily forgetting about the shooting pain in my feet.

"Mom, did you make it rain? If so, thank you so much," I exclaimed, looking up at the sky.

Meanwhile, Daksh had been observing Roshni from a distance, leaning against the door frame. He took out his phone and recorded a short video of her.

I lost track of time, but the moment abruptly ended when someone spun me around and pulled me towards them. It was Daksh. For a brief moment, I forgot about what he had made me do earlier and even about the slap. However, as the memories flooded back, I freed myself and stood at a distance.

He tossed his suit coat onto my face.

"What are you doing? I'm not a hanger," I protested.

"I know you're not, but look at yourself. Don't you have any self-awareness? Your clothes have become see-through, and we don't live in a forest. What if someone takes pictures of you?"

"You know what? Screw you! Since morning, all you've done is order me around and scold me. Mom, look at him! He's been scolding me all morning. Why did you leave me with him? I want to go to my cousin's house," I yelled, pointing my finger towards him and looking up at the sky.

"Roshni,"

"What, Roshni? Do you have any idea how much my feet hurt? No, why would you care? And you embarrassed me in front of my teachers. How will I face them?"

"Roshni, you have all the rights to be upset. But you should reflect yourself too." he said, taking hold of my hand and leading me towards my room.

"Change quickly," he instructed, handing me a towel.

"I won't,

"Alright, then I'll do it," he said, taking the towel from me. My eyes widen. No he will not do it for real right?

"No, I'll do it," 

"If you don't hurry up, I'll have to do it. Change fast and come to my room with your pending work. I'll help you write it," he said.

"You act like you're going to do the work yourself. I know you'll just sit there and tell me what to do," I remarked rolling my eyes.

"I was actually planning on writing some of your pending work, but if you prefer me to guide you, that's fine," he explained.

"You're really going to write it for me?"

"Yes."

"You're amazing. Just give me a minute, I'll be in your room shortly," i left giving him side hug in happiness.

"Her mood swings, oh my god. On a normal day, she changes her mood like this. I don't know what will happen in the future," he mused as he walked to the kitchen to prepare a glass of warm milk with turmeric and black pepper.

......