Chapter 47

One hour later, they arrived at the barren mountain.

When Liu Shuang didn't know what to do, Shen Qiqi and the other two had already set foot on the Futu mountain road. The barren mountain lived up to its name, with brown and barren soil everywhere and strange-shaped dead trees. It was truly a desolate place where nothing lived, and they hadn't seen a single living creature halfway through their journey. It was evident that even the birds and beasts did not want to come here, so it was extremely barren.

"Junior sister, this mountain is so big, it's probably difficult to find any traces of people. Do you have a specific route in mind?" Zhao Ke asked.

Shen Qiqi said, "Don't worry, Senior Brother Zhao. Let's go up the mountain first."

The Futu Cave was on the shady side of a cliff that had to be reached by climbing to the top of the mountain and then finding a way down the steep cliff. The three of them did not dare to delay, and quickly climbed towards the top of the mountain. However, the higher they climbed, the steeper the mountain road became, and the sun above their heads became increasingly scorching.

Finally reaching the top of the mountain with much difficulty, Shen Qiqi was already sweating profusely, and the other two were not much better, panting heavily. She stood up straight and looked into the distance. The scenery on the mountaintop unfolded before her, with a vast and boundless wilderness, like a long and dim yellow scroll.

This side faced the sun, and the sun was scorching hot, with sparse vegetation. However, after crossing the mountain pass, the temperature quickly dropped, and even became a little chilly. Large patches of green moss and vines grew on the rocks, adding some greenery to the dull scenery.

Shen Qiqi squatted down and found an exceptionally sturdy vine, and said, "We can climb down along these vines."

Ji Zhihua followed her example and squatted down, pulling on the vine in her hand. Zhao Ke looked down and saw the bottomless cliff, obscured by the mist, and it was visibly dangerous. He couldn't help but worry and say, "This place is too dangerous. If we fall, we'll fall into a bottomless abyss... we might as well find a relatively safe route?"

"I don't want to take risks either, but the cave entrance is on the mountain rock, and there's only this way to get there," Shen Qiqi sighed. "Senior Brother Zhao can stay here and keep watch. After I go down, I'll bring Senior sister up."

She had made up her mind, regardless of what others said. Ji Zhihua volunteered, "Don't worry, I'll go with you."

The two of them looked at each other and finally turned to Zhao Ke.

Seeing the situation, Zhao Ke sighed helplessly, "Since both of you have made up your minds, how can I not go?"

The three of them agreed, each picking a vine and carefully descending downwards.

When Shen Qiqi looked down, she saw a bottomless abyss. She gripped the green vine tightly in her hand and climbed down a few steps, feeling a slight pain in her arm. Upon closer inspection, she saw that the vine was covered in unknown small leaves that scratched her tender palm, causing a hand wound. Furthermore, the cliff had many protruding rocks that were extremely sharp. Accidentally grazing exposed skin caused many small scratches, which were both painful and itchy.

She didn't have time to worry about the pain, gritting her teeth and slowly climbing down the vine. Her left foot landed steadily, while her right foot searched for protruding rocks on the cliff. They descended several meters, and all three were safe and sound.

Shen Qiqi looked down and suddenly saw the stone platform in front of the Futo Cave. She was delighted and shouted, "Do you see it? The cave is just over ten meters away!"