◇six◇

It was just around five in the morning when (Y/n) woke up due to the noise coming outside of the inn.

With still sleepy eyes, he looks out of the window to see what's the ruckus about.

To his surprise, the old lady, who sometimes gave (Y/n) a bowl of ramen, is wailing on the floor pitifully.

He needn't ask what's going on, he has a pair of working ears that could hear the neighbors' words.

Her only grandson is missing. It seems she couldn't find him when she woke up.

"Maybe he's just playing somewhere, come on obaachan, don't worry too much."

"No.. Something happened.. I'm sure.... M-My poor grandson.!"

"Aiyahh.. That man is already over thirty, he can take care of himself now."

Like other people who are watching the scene. (Y/n) couldn't completely understand what was going on.

He decided to go back to sleep after seeing the grandma be supported by people inside her house.

It was already afternoon when (Y/n) woke up. He did his usual daily routine before going to his employer's house.

"Oh, I thought you wouldn't come back any more!" He joyfully welcomed (Y/n).

"...I apologize for what I previously said." Though (Y/n) just utter an apology, his tone and expression were both bland and insincere.

"It's fine it's fine! I'm not that unreasonable so I'll pay you double on this delivery! Is that enough reward for you?"

"...." (Y/n) wants to leave this job. He isn't dumb. That's why the last time he received his salary, he almost burst up and said some sincere mockery to the man.

But, unfortunately, he couldn't find a job that'll replace his current one.

If I just didn't lose my previous job...

A good employer with a good salary, he once had that. But he ended up losing it.

For now, he wouldn't have a choice but to do this job while looking for an alternative way to earn money.

"AGHHH!!!"

"!?"

(Y/n), who traveled for half a day to get back to the village, was greeted with a horrified scream.

His eyes soon see the figure of a middle-aged man, running away from the village's direction.

The man immediately recognized him.

"(Y-Y/n)! It's dangerous! W-We must run!!" He's trembling so much while sobbing like a child.

"Please calm down and tell me what's happening."

(Y/n) tried calming the man who kept his head to where he came from, as if afraid someone will come at him.

But the man's state didn't improve, he just kept saying it was dangerous and he must run.

(Y/n)'s grip on him soon loosened letting the man run by himself.

Though his question was left unanswered, (Y/n) has an idea of what's going on. With four years of living in this world, when (Y/n) hears such scream at night, it's either someone saw an insect flying on their way or...

"I hope this is not that.."

I'm not... losing my job again, right?

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤