ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ.

Dear Mr. Right

I'm never dreaming again....

"Hayden!"

"—Hayden wake up!"

At the sound of my name my eyes shot open. I looked around in confusion but from what I noticed I did seem to be home now.

"wait, what happened?" I questioned genuinely, looking over at Yamir in the driver seat.

He chuckled lowly before responding, "we were walking to the car, you were yawning—next thing I know you fell asleep when I was driving you home." He explained.

My heart dropped at his words and I spoke, "...I fell asleep?"

"yeah, you were talking in it too but I couldn't make out too much—all I heard was my name so I hope it was good." He joked.

I genuinely felt my heart shatter at that, because now I had admitted to myself that I had feelings for him, and it was all because of some stupid dream.

He must've noticed my expression because he spoke, "You okay?"

"yeah," I lied, "I'm just tired.."

"—so did we talk about anything before I fell asleep?" I asked genuinely.

Everything just felt so real, I mean it was weird how his demeanor had changed, and how straight forward he was being—but it felt so real.

"we talked about you being tired, and in the middle of you denying it you fell asleep." He smirked.

with a sigh, I nodded, "okay."

I looked up at my house from inside his car and grabbed the door handle, my dad wouldn't be home until tomorrow since he had to work an overnight shift—so I was about to be home alone for a while.

"I feel like there's something I'm missing" Yamir stated.

I looked back over at him and shook my head, "no, it's nothing—I just had a stupid dream."

"what was it about?" He questioned.

"it doesn't matter." I shook my head, before exiting the car.

Moments later I could hear him get out his car and walk up next to me.

"what are you doing?" I questioned.

"I'm walking you to the door," he responded simply.

I dropped my head to hide the blush and stayed silent, see—and that's the problem, now that I had admitted to myself that I had feelings for him, everything he did was about to give me stupid fucking butterflies.

"you don't have to do that." I shook my head.

"I wanted to." He replied as we came to a stop in front of the door.