chapter four

although cynthia knew the text was risky, she answered it with a simple 'whenever

although cynthia knew the text was risky, she answered it with a simple 'whenever.' and prayed that he would still be careful and not show up at her house, letting her parents catch him.

days passed, cynthia's parents had came back home and asked cynthia how her day, home alone, was. she covered it up by just saying she spent her time finishing a show she had been watching, or finishing some school work since she knew that would be pleasing for her parents to hear.

currently, she sat on her living room couch next to her mother watching a movie. though, her mom had been side eyeing her occasionally, as cynthia couldn't seem to put her phone down. sydney would watch as her daughter smiled and even chuckled while her fingers moved repeatedly over her phone screen. she was curious to know who her daughter was spending her time talking to, and once cynthia got up to use the bathroom, leaving her phone in her spot, she got the chance to see.

even though it was very invading of cynthias privacy, sydney slowly reached over and grabbed her phone. after a few seconds, a notification popped up on the screen. a message, with the name 'darrian.'

for some reason, sydney found that name oddly familiar. she thought for a second, before hearing the bathroom door open and put cynthia's phone back down. she pretended to be looking at the tv, as her mind wondered on why that name seemed so familiar. she swore she knew someone with that name, it just wasn't coming to her mind at the second.

she only turned her head back to her daughter when she heard her let out a sigh, before standing to her feet and turning to her. "i'm gonna.. i have to finish homework, so.." she awkwardly spoke.

although sydney could tell she was lying, she still slowly shook her head. and with that, cynthia slipped off to her room, and as soon as she entered it she let out a breath.

darrian had texting her saying that he wanted to see her again, and that he would see her 'later.' which cynthia had no clue what later meant. she didn't know if it meant literally, later on in the day, or just soon. she was slightly anxious due to the fact both of her parents were home, and would be all day. so if he decided to show up at anytime, they would be there and could potentially catch him.

she decided to let darrian know that she was anxious, and asked what he meant by later, but just relaxed since he promised her that he wasn't going to be stupid about it.

she scrolled on tiktok, letting the hours pass. and as the sun started to set she guessed that he meant soon. she put on a new netflix show, getting comfortable on her bed as she began feeling tired.

around this time, her father would be going to bed soon, as he worked early in the morning. and her mother would be laying down as well, watching tv until she eventually fell asleep.

and just as she thought, she heard her parents talking in the hallway, making their way to their room.

cynthia stood to her feet, walking over to her closet to change into more comfortable clothes as she decided she would just go to sleep way earlier than usual. as she went to grab a shirt she heard a loud knock that made her jump, she quickly turned around and looked at her room door for a second before turning to her window. a figure dressed in all black, a ski mask covering their face, staring directly at her made her freeze.

she panicked, rushing to grab her phone off of her bed and then leaving her room. she headed for her parents room, but stopped in her tracks when her phone went off.

it felt like a scream scene, making her heart race.

DARRIAN 🙃
r u gonna open your window or

realization hit her, she felt embarrassed and stupid all at once. she let out a small chuckle, before rushing back to her room. she closed her room door quietly, and then walked over to her window and quickly opened it.

"why the fuck did you run away?" he whispered as he climbed through the window and into her room.

"why the fuck are you wearing all black like that? i almost got my parents." she whispered back.

he laughed quietly, pulling his ski mask down and wrapping his arm around her to bring her into a hug. "ya parents asleep?" he asked.

"i think so." she nodded into his chest.

he hummed, pulling away from the hug and sitting on her bed as she looked around her room. it was very different than what he remembered, she had changed everything. but he liked the change.

he patted the spot next to him, telling her to sit next to him, and she did. he wrapped his arm around her, bringing her closer. "i missed you, mama." he whispered close to her ear.

cynthia's stomach turned, as her face got hit and she smiled to herself. "i missed you, too."

he smirked, looking at the window that was still opened and thought to himself. he looked down at her, "wanna go somewhere? ion like that i have to whisper and shit."

cynthia looked in his eyes, her eyebrows furrowing as she thought of all the things that could go wrong. although, darrian noticed her worried state and grabbed her face, "don't worry, ma. we'll be careful."

she sighed, nodding her head. she slipped a hoodie on, and then her shoes and they both made their way out of her window.

the cool wind hit her, her curly hair blowing out of her face. the two walked close together down the streets of late new york, making her feel a little nervous as it was never good to be out late where they lived.

they walked and talked for what felt like hours, making sure not to go too far away from cynthia's home. it was crazy how close cynthia felt to darrian, she felt like she could tell him anything and he would just listen.

darrian didn't talk much, so it was surprising how much the two had talked.

at the a certain point, darrian pulled out his phone and checked the time. it was getting close to two in the morning, so he decided to walk cynthia back home.

he kept her on the side closet to all the building they passed, as his arm rested around her shoulders. he wanted to spend as much time as he could with her, as he didn't know when he would see her next.

as they reached her house, cynthia pulled out her phone. she didn't realize that she had put it on do not disturb, so as she slid up on her notifications and saw the many missed messages she had received from both her parents, her heart dropped.

she looked up to darrian, as he looked back down at her with no clue of what to do.

she was caught.

HEYYYY sorry i haven't been updating 😰 honestly just haven't been on wattpad that much

HEYYYY
sorry i haven't been updating 😰 honestly just haven't been on wattpad that much