The King.

*A/N: Don't play the song now for effect. I recommend on my cue.*

 April 25th 

Before  the Girlies 

MINGUS WOULD NOT BREATHE UNTIL IT WERE SAFE AND WOULD NOT  DIE UNTIL HE HAD THEIR PERMISSION.

Of course,  if it were up to him, Mingus would have found it better if they knew not of his flimsy existence in the first place. 

Sadly the Man upstairs seemed to have a rather keen interest in making him shine.

Something about a "light" of sorts from the little asinine rambling he remembered half-awake in mass.

It's one thing to be tall but it's completely another for your height to wear you. And how on earth could he be hidden if it seemed he was meant to be seen.

He looked to the sky, looked to the heavens for an answer, anything! A morsel of sense as to how he got this this situation.

Mingus, (still in year 1 at the time) was sat dead middle of an influential group of young men.

Dead... was the perfect word.

And every look they gave him had the ability to viciously  rive through his flesh like a double edged sword.

Or maybe, Hendry just looked like that in the moment  and in fact... he was actually a really nice gu-

Hendry Dubois' eyes darkened -

Nevermind!

"Oh.. Mingus my boy!  Here as I hoped and not a moment too soon."  

Mingus nearly cried for joy and  leapt into Mr. Wentworth's arms as soon as he walked in. Mr. Wentworth was by far the kindest and brightest man Mingus had ever met, his ability to warm a  blisteringly cold room with his benevolence was a sight to behold.