Black Voices Matter: We Want Fairytales Too

There's something charming about the way @TSHana001 writes that makes her fantasy story small hours, even when it's slightly frightening, warm and open.

small hours follows Jarary Forge, a young intern at a children's publisher, that gets kidnapped by fairies, and lands herself in a pretty mess in a fantastical world that bends gender norms and casually grabs onto our misogynic practices of kidnapping women, 'cause thank you history books.

A lot people of colour love seeing their race, culture and heritage in a story, but often not as something that takes away from it but adds those moments that give it a little cultural flavour. small hours is one of those stories where you feel black identities being validated in the small things, in the little actions, the not Jerry or January thank you for not mispronouncing my name moments, really makes the icing to a story.

The author tagged the story "blackfantasy", a little something the black community on Wattpad seems to feel the need to happen, and T.S. Hana has a story that you, all of Wattpad, should get behind and support as they begin taking their protagonists to the hot YA Fantasy bestsellers.

Read it, because I would. Well, I am.