4

dane

as we're watching the movie i turn to my left to see that little noelle has fallen asleep, and is slowly sucking on the blanket. i don't know why i feel this way but i feel a warmness spread across my chest in not only admiration, but the need to take her away to just keep her all to myself and take care of her.

gray suddenly looks up to see what i'm staring at and coos out loud, "aw the little baby has finally tired herself out for the night." he says softly as to not disturb the sleeping beauty.

grant and hunter quickly turn to see her and melt at the sight, "oh. my. god. she's gonna be the death of me." says hunter, shutting of the movie and slowly moving to pick her up,

"i got it." i say, abruptly standing and scooping up the angel under her arms and resting her against my chest. she whines as she snuggles closer and starts to suck on my shirt.

"this little baby's got a teething problem." says grant humming, as he rushes to find something to give her instead.

i softly run my hands through her soft flowy hair as she's gets impossibly closer.

"she's already got you wrapped around her little finger." chuckles hunter, i give him a glare before i make my way to my room.

"sorry i couldn't find anything, hey where's he takin her?" i hear grant mumble as i make my way up the stairs.

i roll my eyes before pushing open the door to my room, i'll talk to them tomorrow.. if i feel like it. softly shutting the door i lay the sweet thing on my dark covered bed. she starts to stir before peeling open her eyes, and i'm met with her beautiful hazel doe eyes.

before i can say anything she reaches her arms towards me and softly utters. "daneee..." dragging my name out whining before i see her glowing orbs start to glaze over,

"shhh, there's no need for the tears honey." i say before pulling her on top of my chest and rubbing her back, slowly trying to rock her to sleep as i start to lay back. i see her mouth pout trying to find something to suck on, so fuckin innocent. i slowly put my hand up to her mouth and see her immediately suck onto my thumb while holding my hand like it's her own personal bottle.

then i finally see her big eyes start to close on themselves, "sleep well little one, dad- dane will be here when you wake up." i almost slip up, what the hell was that?..

*next day*

noelle

i start to feel the warm sun on my face waking me up from my slumber, i groan and turn away from the beaming lights against my eyes. no way and i'm getting up when i feel this warm and comfortable. as i start to snuggle back in under the covers i hear,

"hey hun, it's time to get up now." i heard in a gentle tone not expecting to hear.. dane!? i slowly rub my eyes as he continues to scratch my back.

"nuu, sleeepppp." i whine turning the other way, my voice sounding higher pitched and babyish as i start to slowly fall back asleep. but hold on, why am i acting like this? i suddenly feel so fuzzy and light remembering the same feeling i felt last night. but why does it feel so natural all of a sudden...

"come on baby, no more sleeping okay? you can take a nap later." i hear as i'm suddenly being lifted into someone's arms, i blink up at them trying to wrap my head around what's going on.

i'm suddenly being taken downstairs where i am greeted with familiar faces, i shyly hide my face into dane's chest before starting to chew on my thumb, it's a nervous habit.. ok..

"no no, that's icky bubs let's get you something else to chew on, hm?" i hear someone with glasses say as i remember him as grant. he starts to remove my hand from my mouth, when all of a sudden i feel the urge to sob while my comfort is being taken away from me. so i do just that.