Act I | Chapter III

"Is that so?" A beautiful woman with midnight ebony hair, asked in a monotone voice, her purple fan covering half her face to mask her 'shock'.

She was the well known Grand Duchess Cadence Clementine. The Iron Lady of Sorcier. Known for her ice cold beauty and talents. The former lady of the Platt Earldom and the younger sister of Earl Calisto Platt.

She was attending a tea party in the palace alongside her good friend, Millidiana Claes, who was also the Duchess of Claes.

The two noblewomen were discussing about recent matters within their families and some insider gossip as well.

"My Catarina has been doing so well with her etiquette classes lately!" Millidiana boasted proudly, making Cadence smile in amusement.

"Oh? That's amazing. My Aurora is also doing well with her training.." The Grand Duchess chimed, drinking elegantly from her tea cup, flaunting her daughter as well.

Millidiana raised her eyebrow in curiosity at her friend.

Sure, she knew that Grand Duchess Cadence was not planning to adopt or have another child soon but dropping the responsibility of an heir to her 6 year old? Must be another odd tradition the Clementines have.

"Is she taking her etiquette classes at the same time?"

The former nodded, setting her tea cup on the table.

"Alexander was insistent on it. He even declared to me that he wanted her to inherit the Grand duchy herself.."

That would certainly be something that the Grand Duke would do.

"Have you decided on her fiancé-to-be yet?"

Cadence halted, deeply thinking about her statement. She shook her head in disapproval, the question leaving a bad taste on her tongue.

"Men are so overrated.." She states, looking disdainfully at her tea.

Millidiana sweatdrops, laughing awkwardly at her statement.

"Really? Ah alright.."

If that was the case then how did she marry the Grand Duke? Eh. Cadence was never really serious about what she says anyway.

"... That is..."

Millidiana perks up at her, expecting for her next words. She quickly takes notice of the grin starting to form on her lips.

"...until my Aurora starts to take a liking towards one.."

The Duchess tilts her head at her remark, smiling softly at her. Cadence had always been the type to do this. She was a lot better than most nobles take her for.

"I am planning to get my daughter an engagement with the third prince.." Millidiana declares, piquing the Grand Duchess' interest.

Cadence raised an eyebrow at her, taking a small sip of earl grey tea from her porcelain tea cup.

"Oh? Is that so? Please do tell me more about that.." Once more, setting her cup back, she jests elegantly.

Later that afternoon....

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!

The large grandfather clock opposite to Catarina tuned, reminding her that it was already 4 o'clock.

The Marquis still hasn't come back yet. It was starting to bother her.

The servants, particularly her Anne and Isabella, were trying to distract her with games. Catarina could not deny that she enjoyed them, but she was dissatisfied.