Chapter 2 stuck

Gulping up the bottom of the bag of limón potato chips, the crumbs; licking the edges even, watching a classical romance movie: Lolita.  As I promised myself I'd eat healthier today because my stomach was behaving strangely but I still had tomorrow. Stretching back sinking into the couch until I peep the front door handle tug down. Intruder.Was a first thought  because my mother had left without a notice once again. Hearing the creak of high heels clacking and the front door unlocking, I assumed it was my mother; not a 6 foot male pick locking my door and coming in to ransack the place.

Leaving me dead with the bag still in my hands. Watching as the door turned ever so soft and gently. Tip toeing in at 9pm? Blankly observing her in question as she takes off her blazer and beret hat —putting it onto the coat stand.

Sliding her black Ray-Ban sunglasses onto her head and letting go of her hand bag, glancing up at me across from her in the living room. She hadn't seen me till now. Sneeringly. I utter, "Uh, hey Mom. Where have you been at the last two days I was worrying? So you didn't think to answer your phone calls at all?" With a brooding silence afterwards.

"Hey sweetie. Kiera, Im sorry— I Apologize. I had an urgent business meeting." As shes looking for my approving smile but not receiving it this time. Audaciously smacks her teeth then says, "I'll make it up to you alright?"

Walking towards me pulling me in for a hug and kissing me right on top of my forehead. How could one lie through such a big smile?" How about movie night?," she says. "We can go get ice-cream. 31 flavors your favorite?" Im eating better nowadays but disregarding that. I let go of her in disgust while she beams a duplicitous smile in the midst of me reading her eye language. She's hiding something. Again, again, again.

Can't put my finger on it. "Why can't you just be honest?" Standing up and at the half point of deciding to walk away. "Naught a single thing you tell me I believe, It's to the point where even if you happened to be—-I'd instinctively assume you were lying!.."

"Can you stop being so accusative for once. I'm not lying to you and nor do I need to. Yeah ok, I get it. You're upset." Upset would be an understatement for my state of emotion. Putting her keychain down firmly. With a condescending tone and basically a gaslit deliver, which is a routine for her. Briefly looking at her up and down by the impudence she has to play victim within her own fictions.

"Ugh!, when will you ever own up to what you do? Just admit it. Admit that you didn't go to work OR have some damn meeting!," I said slight dementedly. Halting for a single response; with out zero patience from her mouth not budging and my solution is—instantly turning around and going straight up to my room. Anyhow, Alex and I need to discuss our plans because just about now I'm ready to take off to Canada. Leave and do things my own way.

I turn off my lights and I lye down on my grey comforter and I take a deep breath and I text him:

Hey.
Can you come over now ?
it's about Canada.

*Immediate buzz*

What's up.
Change of plans?

No, actually I have the money and  I'm ready to leave.

What?
I'll be there. Give me a few?

Living just a block away, minutes later he knocks at my window. Turning on my lamp and not making an effort to lock my door since my mother is cooped up in her bedroom and in all probability, passed out. I open the window and one foot after the other he enters my room. Darkening tan, Messy curly hair, black wife beaters tee—- making his very alluring abs apparent. "Hey Kiera, you look.. gorgeous," he says with a coy grin and licking his luscious lips. I glance at them longer than usual. Tempting. Focusing back in..