Box 7

Alexei

The curse was left under his breath. Carver immediately alarmed the guards and went to grab the car keys. He was about to go on his way to turn the engine but one of them blocked his way.

"You should stay. The lady might come back here and you need to stay on guard till then,"

Carver shrugged that idea. He couldn't trust her life in their hands. They're not Mori and Bree nor Kinsley Schleifer. He still needs Paisley to live. The information he had gathered was still not enough. It's too early to end her life. And if there was someone who would cut through her throat, he wanted himself to do it.

He passed through the guards but they seized his arm.

"It's too dangerous for an amateur like you"

Carver wanted to laugh at that. "I'll can handle myself,"

"No, you can't. You'll die,"

He didn't need to be reminded of that. Every day he walks with the grim reaper tailing at his back. And besides, Carver isn't afraid of death. For he brings death himself.

"We've contacted the boss. He's on his way to trace the lady. You can leave everything to our aid. You've done enough" said the man again.

Carver removed their hold on him as he watched them drive outside the gates. And right now he's left with nothing but himself. Or perhaps he was wrong.

He felt a presence behind him.

"Mori and Bree," Carver muttered.

They stink of ruthlessness. A scent more than familiar to him. For he was also made of that same smoke.

They didn't move. There was a mask hanging over their faces. There were no expressions painted on the masks but only a white smoothen surface patterned on them.

"Go," one of them muttered. Carver didn't know it would be a sin to face them.

Seeing an assassin of the same caliber as you would lessen the suspense when you'll face them on the battlefield. Carver wanted to keep a thrill of not knowing what they look like yet.

If any person would come across these two assassins, they might have fallen through their knees. They carry the aura of an unexplainable fear as if their hands are prepared to grab you at the corners of the alley even in broad daylight. And once they had caged you as their prey, you wouldn't want to imagine the horrors their hands could bring you.

Carver had killed his victims in a single shot. But Mori and Bree would rather watch theirs screaming for mercy until their voices run out.

"She needs you. And also goes the same for you," the other said.