22 : betting everything

—Kayo

I woke up with the most comforting aroma of cooked breakfast

I woke up with the most comforting aroma of cooked breakfast. It was different from anything I ever had in my apartment before.

I didn't go to sleep with a blanket on, but somehow I found myself covered with soft fabric that didn't reach high enough for my abdomen, all it did was cover my legs.

With a yawn, I opened my eyes to take in the delicious sight of Everleigh behind the counter, cooking. She seemed to notice my eyes because she quickly looked up with a small smile on her face.

"Goodmorning! I saw you had some bacon and eggs in the fridge, so I thought you'd appreciate a little breakfast," she explained. Sean bought it for me when he saw that my refrigerator was empty and all I ever ate was fast food. It was easier, seeing as I never had the time to go grocery shopping and cook.

I stood up, rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes. I had an irritating crick in my neck from the small ass couch. Not to mention. I could feel the blood in my body slowly making its way further down to my feet since my feet being propped up on the arms of the couch made it too difficult to reach all night.

After a few steps, I was able to walk normally again, heading into my bathroom where I took a piss, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. While in there, I noticed she found a spare toothbrush I had in the cabinet. My toothbrush came with an extra when I bought it, I just hadn't got to use it yet.

When I exited the bathroom, I saw my bed had been made. She really didn't have to do that because right after breakfast I had plans on fucking it up again. My whole body was in pain from the couch. All I wanted was proper sleep.

I made my way out of my room and got the lovely sight of Everleigh bent over, grabbing a pan from the oven with a pair of oven mittens on. The only thing I could focus on was the round ass greeting me as she pulled it out and sat it down on the stove, behind the bacon and eggs.

It was tempting—no, instinctive—the way I wanted to get behind her and lean into her neck just to smell that sweet savory smell that always lingered on her skin. It was like I'd done it a thousand times before, and the way my body craved to be near her was the second part of my daily routine.

"It's almost ready," she told me.

No one had ever cooked for me except Angelia. In the past couple of years, it had always just been me. I wouldn't complain because I enjoyed being alone, yet the thought of waking up to breakfast being made for every single day wasn't as revolting as I thought it'd be.

"You didn't have to do this," I told her, making my way over to her. I shouldn't have done that. I should've stayed exactly where I was because being near her just did something to me every single time.

She turned to look at me with her beautiful almond shaped eyes. There was a small smile on her full lips as her brown skin glistened like caramel. "You let me stay here last night... it's the least I can do, Sasha."