Surprise

Y/N's POV

I was currently in the bathroom getting ready, Cari told me earlier that she had a surprise for me. I was getting dressed and decided on a pair of black dressy flare pants and a long sleeve cropped black top that I had just bought, it had lace detailing and the pants hugged my curves perfectly. I wasn't exactly sure of the dress code but my outfit could work for really anything so it should be fine.

Cari had gone out to "grab something". So I was home alone getting ready, and doing my makeup when I heard the front door close. I paused my music "Cari?". To which I got no response. I slowly stepped out of the bathroom and turned to see Cari standing in the doorway of the bedroom. I jumped "babyyyy you scared me". She walked up to me her hands behind her back "I'm sorry my love" placing a kiss on my lips.

She pulled her hands from behind her back revealing a bouquet of red roses, my favorite flower. I smiled at her "thank you, they are so pretty, we should put them in our vase". She smiled walking past me to grab the empty flower vase on our dresser to replace the old flowers with the new ones.

I made my way back to the bathroom to finish my hair when I felt Cari's arms wrap around my waist. She placed her head in the crook of my neck and began placing soft kisses down the side. I leaned into her touch "So are you going to tell me where we are going". Cari pulled away, turning me around in her grasp" with the way you look in this outfit I don't even think we are going to make it out of the house". She slid her hands to my waist, moving them up and down leaning in beginning to leave kisses on my collarbone.

I pulled her hands from my waist and made my way over to my vanity to put away my hair products. All I heard was Cari groan, laughing I turned to her direction "Whine all you want, you can't say you have a surprise and then get horny and change the plans". She walked out of the bathroom and went to the closet to change I'm assuming. I still had to do my eyeliner and lip makeup so I sat at my vanity.

I was finishing up when the closet door opened and Cari came out in black pants, with a black top and leather jacket. Damn she looked good as fuck. I didn't even realize I was staring until Cari cleared her throat and waved her hand in front of my face. "Earth to y/n/n". I looked at her "my bad you just look hot as fuck". She laughed.

I finished up my makeup and picked out a bag before following Cari out into the living room and to the car. We walked out to the car and Cari opened the door for me and then made her way to the driver's side, getting in.

I plugged my phone into the aux and picked Cari and I's driving playlist. Cari placed her hand on my thigh gently rubbing it. I intertwined mine with her and brought hers up to place a kiss on it. I looked out of the window taking in this moment with my beautiful girlfriend.

Cari began driving to the restaurant, I was really trying to figure out where she was taking me but I couldn't. As we pulled into the parking lot my eyes lit up. She was taking me to my favorite sushi place. Cari knew how much I loved sushi, especially from this place. "OMG BABYYY". She smiled turning placing a soft kiss on the back of my hand. "I know you've been stressed recently with work, so what better way to spend our evening at your favorite restaurant". I leaned over placing a kiss on her lips, to which she reciprocated. "Thank you, seriously I don't deserve you". She pulled away "you deserve the world, my love, don't think you deserve any less".

She got out of the car, rushing to open my door on the other side. Cari had this thing where I never had to open the door for myself, she always had to "beat me to it". At this point I just waited for her to do it, I found it cute how she made it a big deal. She placed her hand out for me to grab and I took it getting out of the car.

We made our way into the restaurant. Cari told them her name at the front for the reservation and they led us to a table outside, towards the back. The setup was beautiful. We were surrounded by bushes with beautiful flowers. The outside deck was covered in fairy lights and the table was lit by a candle. Honestly, it looked like a scene I would save to my Pinterest board.

Cari pulled by seat out, waiting for me to sit before going to her side of the table. "Babe this is so pretty, thank you taking me here". She looked up smiling "anything for my queen".

We skimmed the menu, I pretty much knew what I wanted but maybe tonight I would try something new. After a couple of minutes, we decided and our waitress came to take our order. Along with our food, Cari ordered some Rosé.

The waitress left and Cari looked up, grabbing my hand. "I have something I want to talk to you about". I looked at her slightly confused cause this could be good or bad. She somehow read my mind "it's nothing bad, I can tell you're worrying". I relaxed a little "ok what is it".

"Are you free the last week of December beginning of January, like in 3 weeks?" I thought for a moment "I mean unless we have something planned already, which I'm assuming not then yes I can be, I just have to tell my boss". She smiled "ok great, because Miley invited me to perform at her New Years Eve party in Miami and I want you to come with me".

"Omg congratulations baby, that's amazing, of course, I'll come with you, who else is gonna be there?". The waitress brought the Rosé and two glasses. Cari opened it pouring us some "I invited Alex to come as well, but performers wise as of now I know obviously Miley, Dolly is her cohost and then Latto, who I know you'll be excited for".

My eyes went wide "omg you're kidding Latto is going to be there, I'm literally going to die, I've wanted to see her for like forever". She laughed, knowing how much I loved my female rap artists.

"Are you busy tomorrow?". She thought for a moment "I have a meeting at 11am, then I'm good for the rest of the day, why?. I took a sip of my drink "we should go to the mall and get clothes for miami, the new bikinis and stuff".

"That's an amazing idea". Our waitress brought out our food. It was really good, easily reminded me why this is my favorite restaurant.

We finished up our food and paid, Cari wouldn't let me pay, she's will literally snatch my wallet the minute I try to take it out. But sometimes I sneak it and when she realizes it's too late.

We made our way out of the restaurant and headed to the car. We got in and Cari intertwined our hands before beginning to drive home. I looked over at her smiling admiring her profile. She was perfect and I was so lucky to be able to call her mine.