26.

a week later.

that's how long it was before nova found the opportunity to tell taylor about what had happened to her that day in the park.

it wasn't that she didn't want to, more of the fact that she didn't know how to bring up the fact that she was assaulted in casual conversation.

so, nova made sure taylor knew that it was an important conversation as the two women sat down.

taylor stared at nova intently, wondering what she needed to tell her that was so important.

"so," nova started, not knowing how to explain what she needed to say. "you remember when i left you here? and i went out to the park, blah blah blah, and you got drunk and life moved on?"

taylor's eyes softened. "baby, i already apologized. i know that alcohol shouldn't be my coping mechanism, and-"

"no," nova cut her off sharply. "that- that isn't what i'm trying to say."

taylor nodded, urging the brunette to continue.

"i had gotten catcalled." nova said in a small voice, and taylor's eyes widened.

"well- this guy whistled at me when i was standing up or whatever, and i started to walk away, and he slapped my ass-"

taylor brought the woman into a hug, nearly hugging all of the air out of nova.

"oh my gosh," taylor whined, feeling horrible. "i am so sorry that happened."

taylor pulled back from the hug, seemingly realizing something.

"that's why you called me." taylor murmured in realization.

"what?"

"you called me that day, crying, because that had happened." the blonde seemed to be having a mental battle with herself. "and i was drunk."

"yes, but it's fine now-" nova tried to comfort her fiancé, but taylor refused.

"no, it's not okay," taylor shook her head. "i am, so, so sorry."

the blonde felt extremely bad about what happened, and how she was drunk when her fiancé had tried to tell her.

about an hour later, nova decided to go on a walk. she had become hyper aware of how weird men were in new york, so she was cautious on what she should wear.

she was wearing a simple tank top and joggers, too lazy to get all dressed up. hopefully it wasn't too revealing.

her and taylor had resolved everything, after nearly half an hour of nova persisting that taylor was not at fault at all. she just wanted to take a short walk to calm her mind.

almost as soon as she had walked out the door, there was paparazzi.

she was too tired of it to care, so while they were screaming questions at her and taking many pictures, she didn't answer a single one and continued walking.

she had her headphones on, and was listening to some music. the brunette loved many genres of music, so she never knew what to play.

her friend that she had only met through taylor and had only talked to once, hailee steinfeld, had just come out with an album of music.

of course, nova was listening to that right now. she was lip syncing all of the words, not caring about anyone else who might see her.

for some reason, she started to realize how much she actually loved taylor. sure, she had already proposed and knew she loved the blonde woman, but it just hit her how much she loved that woman.