Something That I Want

"Richie..." Y/n's sighed as she paced around the prison cell, her hands folded behind her back.

"Forget it," Eugene said, staring at the ceiling from his own bed. "We're stuck in here."

She whipped around, burning a hole into him. Their friend really was only so important to him? "What about Richie?!"

"What about him?" he sighed, throwing his hand over his eyes. "He's screwed, we're screwed...hey, life goes on. Not for us, but, you know."

"So you don't care?!"

He removed his arm, glaring at her now as he leaned on his elbow. "I never said I didn't care. I just said it doesn't matter anyway."

A guard opened the door, but thieves tithing to face him. "Let's get this one with, Riders," he said, chin in the air.

"Where are we going?" Y/n asked innocently. Hopefully to save Richie. But the guard stared her down in response. She put her hand to her throat, beginning to understand. "Oh..."

-

Gothel took out the last of the flowers in Richie's braid, dropping it in her basket. "There! It never happened!" she announced cheerfully as she got up, basket over her arm. "Now. Wash up for dinner. I'm making hazelnut soup." But when she turned to gaze at her lost prize again, she saw him sadly looking down at the floor. Y/n...and Eugene...

"I really did try, Richie. I tried to warn you what was out there. The world is dark, selfish, and cruel. If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine, it destroys it." She shut the curtain, leaving Richie to slowly open his hands, the piece of cloth with the crest on it, blinking away the tears.

Pascal squeaked, turning blue as he leaned against Richie's arm.

He flop back on his bed as he imagined what could have been with Y/n. Even what had was wonderful x even if it was all fake. Just s way to get the satchel back and run off with Eugene as Flynn and Jaylyn Rider.

He opened his eyes, catching something. At first, he thought he was hallucinating, but then he unfolded the cloth, looking at the sun. The paintings on his walls seems to have the same pattern and random spots. He sat up as the different suns in his flowers, plants, and when angel seemed to glow at him. In the middle of the room he stood, eyes wide as he had a flashback.

-

A blurred image of a woman and man appeared, the woman putting something on him.

-

The mural at the festival stood had contained two very similar looking people as the monarch.

-

Turning to the mirror, he slowly raised it up and put it on his head, taking his hands away slowly. It felt...right. As if...

Because he was.

-

Gasping, he fell backwards into his vanity table, trying to get ahold of himself.

-

Both prisoners kept their heads down as they were walked to their execution. Y/n glanced over and noticed the Stabbington brothers in one of the cells. Scowling, she body slammed her guard away and rushed to the cell, grabbing Sideburns by the jacket. "How did you know about him?!" she yelled, her voice echoing in the empty room. "Tell me now!"

Surprised that this was Y/n now, he stuttered on a defensive surrender, "It wasn't us! It was the old lady!"

She loosened her grip, beginning to realize Richie's 'mother's' intentions. "Old lady...?"