Chapter 8

Even thought I wanted to spend my two last nights at Nico's he convinced me to go back home at least for tonight and tomorrow night I'm gonna go sleep at his place. So here I am at 3 am downstairs with Kay and Mac who just got here I know their talking but I don't really hear them I'm to sad to actually listen. Mom and dad eventually got downstairs and I know they were talking to Kay but I wasn't really listening until they sat down dad sat in front of me and took my hand making me listen.

Mum(sitting down): Well, since we're all here...

Dad(looking down and letting go of my hand): Yeah, your mom and I have been talking, and we've come to some conclusions. Mac's dreams are super important

Mum(looking at me and Kayla): But your dreams are just as important too

Dad: And we gotta square that circle

Mum(clearing her throat): So here's how we're gonna figure this out. We're gonna ask you what you want, and we want the three of you to answer honestly. Not what you think you should say, but what you really want. You don't have to answer now.

Me and Kayla(at the same time as Mac): I wanna stay

Mac(at the same time as us): I wanna go

Mum: Well that was easy... I guess that's what we're doing then

Dad(nodding): Mm

Mac(frowning): What do you mean ?

Dad: Well I'm gonna move to Prague with Mac and your mom's gonna stay here with Lauralei and Kayla

Kayla(sadly): But we've always said that home is wherever we're together.

Dad: Together. I know. I know, but you can't always do what's best. Sometimes you gotta what's right.

Mum(looking at us): Right, the three of you, off to bed

We got up and went to our room without saying a word.

——————-

Since Kayla was going to blade star with Elina she was also bringing me so I went with Kay the fastest I could outside the door because Elina had been honking for a good 10 minutes which is getting quite annoying. I left saying goodbye fast after mum and dad gave us a good luck word and I was sad that Elina didn't want them to come but I know I'm gonna do great either way. As we were about to leave through the front door Mac got in the way he looked at us both in the eyes and we smiled at him

Mac(clicks his teeth): Yeah, you too girls

I went out while Kay stayed a bit behind as I was getting in the car Kayla started telling Elina about us staying here and Mac leaving instead of all of us leaving. Elina was quite happy about it but I know that like me Kayla had this little bit of remorse of separating the family.

——————-

We got to the rink where blade star is getting hosted and Elina and Kay went there way and I got mine and as I was alone waiting a little bit before getting ready I saw girls with their family and a few of them with their boyfriends and I decided to try to call Mac, but my phone went straight to his voicemail so I hang up. Since Mac didn't answer I decided to try Nico's phone but I went straight to voicemail again but this time I decided to leave him a message.

Me(at his voicemail): Hey babe, hmm I just huh I wanted to say good luck for the game and huh I really wished you were here also last night we made a decision me and Kay are gonna stay with mom and Mac's gonna leave with dad so... yeah I just... I... I wish you could be here anyway have good game... I love You. (Hang up)