Chapter Three

When I walked in there was a cards game going on in the middle of the room. I spotted Daniel sat on his bunk walking over and gently tapping him on the shoulder. "Come with me." I whispered in his ear so nobody else could hear. "We need to talk." I walked out and two minutes later he followed. "Is the layout of the building still the same?" I asked.

"Yeah why?" Je was really confused now but I wanted to be able to tell him everything without any interruptions.

"Because I know of a secret room and I need to talk to you so come on." I quickly led him down the corridors to interrogation room 3. "This isn't a secret room you know, anybody in this department knows its here." He scoffed about to walk away when I stopped him.

"I know I spent quite a lot of time in this room when my parents died and as a child I was very curious. Nobody in the department ever found it suspicious that the wall is an entire shade darker in the bottom left hand corner." I saw his eyes quickly dart over to the area I was on about.

"So what there're dirty marks all over the walls?" He rolled his eyes.

"Which is why it was an excellent way to hide a secret door." It sounded so cliché but then so did everything else about department 21. It was full of recruits who the world didn't know about, they carried out secret operations all over the world, had an underground base right underneath London and yet nobody knew about it and were a top secret organisation who kept the world safe. Even with the best military ever this world would be pretty much gone by now if it wasn't for department 21. I walked over to the corner and gave it a hard push, having to lean my entire body weight against it, and it flew open. Daniels eyes lit up like a kids' on Christmas when they see that Santa's been. He was quick to run into it and I saw him almost fall down the stairs as I reached out grabbing the back of his shirt tightly in my hand and yanking him backwards. "Watch the stairs." I rolled my eyes letting go of him as we walked, making sure that I shut the door behind myself. Only I know about this secret room and I would like to keep it that way.

When I made it to the bottom of the stairs Daniel was staring around himself in awe. This was the only room in the entire underground building that had any colour besides Greg and black and that was only because I decorated it myself. The walls were a pale blue colour and I had even managed to sneak in some building materials and make myself some furniture. There was two chairs, a table and a bookshelf because that was all I ever needed. I never got the chance to sneak away very often so I only needed the bare minimum. "How does nobody else know about this place?"

"I don't know. I don't think this room was actually meant to be built because not even the old Boss Man used to know about it so I just turned it into my room. It used to give me something to do when I was bored but nobody else can ever find out about it Daniel." I warned and he nodded.

"Not a problem so what's it you want to talk about?" He asked taking a seat at the table, kicking his feet up and getting comfy while I did the same.

"I wanted to talk to you about going on an operation. I needed to pick someone to go with me to complete it so I picked you." That had definitely caught his attention as he sat up leaning his elbows onto the table clinging onto every word I said with a sparkle of curiosity in his forest green eyes. I finally took a chance to look at him properly for the first time. He had dark brown hair just like me, forest green eyes, tanned skin and toned muscles. I had to tell myself to focus on why I was in here.