Chapter Twenty-Six | Penelope and the Stars

Beckett lifted his head to kiss her, and Penelope welcomed it

Beckett lifted his head to kiss her, and Penelope welcomed it. She could scarcely believe this was happening, but she would not look back.

He rocked his hips into her while their tongues clashed, and she fell forward, feeling all of him. She groaned into his mouth as he finished stripping her, his hands desperately trying to touch every inch of skin. It felt like she was being sculpted, being worshiped.

Meanwhile, Penelope's hands fell to Beckett's chest. She dug her nails into his hard muscles, loving how they tensed beneath her touch.

Beckett fell back into the chair again, leaving her to feel bare and empty without his kisses and her clothes. Heat from the fireplace licked over her, and Penelope watched the shadow of flames dance across Beckett's taut expression. His jaw was rigid, but his eyes were something else. Most of the room had grown dark, but the fire ensured Penelope could see all of the colonel. And that he could see all of her.

Beckett appreciated Penelope with his gaze, taking in the sight of her naked. As if he knew she was fighting the urge to cover herself, Beckett took both of her wrists and pinned them to either side of him on the armrest.

"Let me touch you," she pleaded, wiggling in his lap.

He ignored her, eyes dropping down her body until they settled between her legs, where she ached terribly.

Beckett's eyes darkened. "You are dripping on my trousers, Lady Hutton."

A flush worked over Penelope; she felt tingles rise to her skin, warming her. But it was not in embarrassment. It was more of that delicious need, want...lust.

"I think I should touch you first," he said, his voice incredibly even considering how quickly his chest rose and fell. "Before we make more of a mess."

Slowly he released one of her wrists and dragged his palm down her chest and stomach until he reached the apex of her thighs. He used a single finger to trace between her legs first, light enough that it drove Penelope mad. She cried his name while bucking her hips, trying to get what she wanted.

He merely flashed a wicked smile. "You wish for more, love?"

She nodded eagerly, and Beckett obliged, pressing down on that spot that made her see stars. Beautiful, bright stars. The hot desire pumping through her veins reared up, creating a fire in her depths as he played with her in such a perfect way.

No one had ever taken this much time with her. Now that she knew what it felt like to be desired, she wondered if anyone had ever really wanted her before.

Beckett plunged one finger inside, causing Penelope to dig her fingers into the arms of the chair. But then, to her annoyance, Beckett's touch vanished.

"Do you wish to come?" he asked, the brilliance of his eyes searing into her.

She leaned toward him, raking her hand up his chest again. "Please, Beckett."