Chapter Seven

I am in shock. I am riddled with shock. I can't even move my feet further.

My mouth falls open at the sight before me. When I inputted the address of Double H Tech into my GPS, I didn't think it would take me to this place.

Heather told me they were big, but they aren't big. They are huge. I can't even try to guess the number of floors in the building, but I know it is over twenty, and it isn't just a square building. It is curved so it is U-shaped.

"Close your mouth. You'll attract flies."

I snap my mouth shut, looking beside me, my eyes falling on a woman the same height as me. When I take her form in though, I realize her heels are a lot higher than mine.

She has wavy blonde hair and sharp green eyes. Her makeup is perfectly done, accentuating the color of her eyes and she's putting on a dress that hugs her body and stops at her mid-thigh. It is the perfect combination of classy and sexy. I envy her.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, probably realizing I'm definitely not a client if I'm standing outside the building and gawking at it.

"I'm new here," I inform her.

"Obviously." She sasses and I'm shocked by her behavior. Why is she being rude? She doesn't even know me! "You're the person Zoey said she was hiring? How did you get this job?"

I frown. "I applied for it?"

"Sure? And what incentive did you use?"

"Look here, miss." I start when I decipher the disdain in her voice. "I don't know you. You don't know me. I'm here to work and not to put up with your shit okay? It's obvious you're already an employee here and I doubt our employer will take well to how you treat newer employees."

I watch as her eye twitches when I emphasize on the word, 'our'. "Go on and report to him if you'll even get the opportunity to see him."

I shake my head, knowing she's not going to back down. I know women like her. They were mostly insecure and unsure of themselves, fearing someone else would take their job when they came along.

I hold back a sigh. I'm not even fully an employee here yet, but I already have an enemy. I don't reply to her as I finally make my way towards the huge ass door at the front, pushing it open.

My eyes immediately find the receptionist and I walk toward him. He smiles brightly at the sight of me. "Good morning. How may I help you?"

"I've been recently employed and the manager requested for me to come in today so I could sign my employee contract."

"One sec. What's your name?"

"Aria Jennings."

He looks through his computer for a minute before looking back at me. "ID?"

I quickly open my purse and take out my ID, handing it over to him. He hums in approval and gives it back to me, together with a visitor's card. I look at the card in confusion and he quickly rushes to explain.

"It's for the elevator. Since you don't have an employee card yet, you'll need a pass to use the elevator."

"Oh."

"Yes. The manager is on the 19th floor, but I'm certain you'll see her assistant instead."

I nod, consuming the information, before turning around to approach the elevator. I stop short and turn back around. "What's your name?"

If I'm going to be working here, I need to know at least one friendly face. "Grayson."

I can't conceal my snort. Typical. Thankfully, he doesn't get offended. He only gives me a look that says 'I know right?' and shrugs. "See you around," I call out, seeing him smile before I walk toward the lift.