More to Explore

We finished off our day and went to a casual restaurant in town, near our hotel. My daring friends ordered the escargots, but I chose a safer option, which was the chicken cordon bleu. It was absolutely fantastique. But, honestly, it would've been better with chocolate sauce. I gave into my craving while enjoying a hot fudge sundae for dessert. It was crazy how even the ice cream tasted different from back home.

    We went back to the hotel and settled in for the night. I emailed my dad and we watched some French tv. We ended up finding the French MTV channel and watching Teen Mom 2. It was so crazy to see my favorite moms, my girl Harper especially, dubbed over in French. They dubbed over the kids as well. It was so cute to see all of Harper's nine kids speaking in little French voices.

    The next day was going to be absolutely crazy. We had twelve long hours at Disneyland Paris. The three of us were sticking together, but Lucy was going to hang back with me while Emmi took on some of the bigger roller coasters. I heard that the Space Mountain ride here even went upside-down, and even when I wasn't pregnant that would be a solid no for me.

    We woke up the next morning, got dressed, and met everyone in the restaurant downstairs. Like us, our classmates were looking pretty jetlagged and tired. I immediately stopped yawning when I bit into my breakfast sandwich. Whatever bread it was on, it tasted completely different from whatever we had back home. It was really, really good.

    Once we were done with breakfast, we had an hour break before leaving for Disney. I went and took another shower to wake myself up and also soothe my back. The mattress here definitely wasn't doing me any good.

    Lucy made some more videos of us getting ready in the room, then showed all her essentials that were coming with us to Disney, like the fancy camera she was borrowing from her parents and the Mickey mouse ears she swiped from her little brother's room.

    I made sure my scooter battery was charged, and then we went back downstairs. My friends helped me get the scooter folded up so we could take it on the bus. Our two teachers counted heads as we got on the bus. I sat with Emmi while Lucy sat across the aisle from us.

    "What souvenirs are you gonna buy, Zuri?" Emmi asked.

    "Hmm. I dunno. Hopefully not something as expensive as that onsie from the mall yesterday."

    "Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the baby stuff there costed even more. It is Disney, after all."

    "Girl, why do you think i took these from home," Lucy said, pointing to her ears.

"Are you serious? Your parents gave you like a thousand Euros to spend!" I said, giggling with Emmi.

"That she probably spent five-hundred of at the mall buying clothes yesterday," Emmi said.

"And I'm gonna look fine as hell all winter long in those boots!" Lucy said.

Once the bus was filled with us and other guests from the hotel, we left. I felt my little lady hiccuping inside me and I felt so bad for her. There was nothing I could do to make her hiccups go away.

When we got to the park, the bus dropped us off in the parking lot. It was a chilly, windy day outside. Good thing I was wearing a sweatshirt in addition to my maternity sweater. We got my scooter unfolded and went over to the big line by the gate. One side said "Welcome" and the other said "Bienvenue".

Lucy took more pictures and more videos of us as we stood in line, then finally paid for our tickets. When we were through the gates, I went to the nearest sign that said "toilettes." Duty called. I found myself an accessible stall that was surprisingly clean.

Once I was finished, I went back out to the girls. They were taking pictures with the castle in the background. We were right in the Main Street, USA part of the park. Unlike both Emmi and Lucy, I'd never been to Disneyland in California or Disneyworld in Florida, so I really had nothing to compare Disneyland Paris to, except for when all the girls on Teen Mom 2 went to Disneyworld in the last season finale.

All the little shops looked so cute, and the names were even in English. Once we were done looking around, we headed off in a different direction. Emmi wanted to go ride Big Thunder Mountain, which was over n Frontierland. Lucy and I perused the rest of the area, because we knew she'd be in line for a while.

The gift shop there had lots of cowboy-themed items. Lucy and I tried on a bunch of different hats and took pictures, then bought some candy. My chocolate craving was already back with a vengeance.

For just a second, my mind flashed with thoughts of Elliot. He was a cowboy for Halloween a few years back. He wanted to look tough in his costume, but I thought he looked adorable.

I wonder if he knows I'm even out of the country right now? Not that he would really care because of his new girlfriend, but still.

I remember telling him in the springtime that I was going to buy a special journal, just so I'd be able to write everything that happened down. I would have so much to tell him when I got back, and I didn't want to forget anything.

But it was okay. I was having a great time on the trip with my two besties and my little girl. I'm sure he wasn't thinking about me, so why waste time thinking about him.

"Okay, but look at this one with the pink rhinestones! Only eighty euros!" I said, holding up this massive cowgirl hat to show Lucy.

"You've lost your damn mind. If anything, I'm getting those sparking boots over there!" Lucy said, pointing to a pair of glittery boots with spurs that were way up on the shelf.

We both laughed when we saw the price tag. We still had a lot of time left here in Paris, and at this rate Lucy was going to buy everything she saw and be starving at the end of the week because she'd be out of money for food.

I tugged her out of the shop. We had so much more to explore while we waited for Emmi, anyway.