Chapter 51

It's already been a few days since Stefan and I talked about the bathroom incident. He told me how he had heard Cara speaking with Ana on the phone and how they were plotting to put everything on the internet. Honestly, I'm really glad that the three of them are rotting somewhere in jail now. Stefan has made sure that they won't be able to get out for atleast a few years.

Right now, the three of us are in the garden. Stefan is playing with Liam while I read a book. When I lift my eyes to give them a glance, I find myself looking at them with a fond smile. Liam's hearty laugh and Stefan's voice make the atmosphere so much lively and better.

"Mama", Liam calls out when he sees me looking at them.

Stefan turns to look at me and picking Liam up, he comes to sit besides me. He instantly climbs on my lap happily.

"What are you thinking?", he asks me and taking my book, he places it besides him.

"I am just thinking how being with you and Liam make everything better", I confess and cuddle Liam close to me.

"We feel the same thing about you", he states, affectionately and tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I have a surprise for you", he continues in a soft tone. "Get ready before seven in the evening. We are going on a date and this time it will be a proper one."

"A date?", I smile, excitement already bursting through my veins.

"Yes", he reciprocates my smile. "Ciara and Leo will watch after Liam while we will be gone."

"Where are we going?", I probe with eagerness.

"If I tell you, it won't be a surprise anymore", he taps the tip of my nose with a grin.

"But I need to know", I say and add a little lie. "So that I need to know how to dress accordingly."

"I have already bought a dress for you", he declares. "It's in our room. You'll find it on the bed. Last time our date night got ruined but this time, it'll be different. It will be perfect."

I look at him awe. He is really trying to make up for the past. I still get roses every single day and with each second going by, I find myself getting drawn to him even more. I find myself craving his touch and his kisses. Just like right now, I just want to grab him and kiss him.

"You okay?", his brows draw together slightly as he watches me.

"Yeah", I clear my throat, shyly.

"You don't even need to ask", he grins and leans down to kiss me himself.

When his lips touch mine, that's when I realize that I want to be his completely. I don't want to hide myself from him anymore. He makes me feel confident and I don't mean it in a co-dependency way. Stefan genuinely makes me feel confident through his words and the way he looks at me. He has really open my eyes, regarding myself. Through him, I learned that confidence is a state of mind and loving myself is the only way, I can achieve that.

Little by little, I am finally starting to be free from my past memories. Letting go is making me realize that holding on to something that is beyond my control is more hurting. I can't change my past and the more I hold on to it, the more I am going to stop myself to fully live in peace and hurt myself. I want to make new memories with Stefan. I want to experience every part of life with him.

"Be ready at seven", he runs his fingers softly on my cheek. "Don't be late okay. I can't wait to see wearing the dress"

"I won't"

Ciara once again helps me to get ready. She keeps smiling by herself while doing my hair. Stefan has bought a gorgeous greenish long dress for me and honestly it is droolworthy. After telling me about the date, he just left and told me that he would be home later. I even asked him where he was going, he just told me that he has some work to finish.