S1E7: The Bathtub

We aren't stuck at the police station too long before Joyce walks in with Chief Hopper in tow. "Hey. Jonathan? Jesus, what... what happened?" She asks with both worry and confusion.

"I'm fine," Jonathan mutters, staring down at his clasped hands on the desk.

"Why is he wearing handcuffs?" She asks the deputy sitting beside Jonathan.

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why."

"Take them off."

"I am afraid I cannot do that."

"Take them off!" She demands, her voice rising.

"You heard her. Take 'em off," Hopper commands.

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see."

They walk outside and return only a few moments later toting our boxes of weapons. Nancy and I share the same, we're screwed, glances as they set the boxes in front of us on the desk.

Joyce looks in the box. "What is this?"

"Why don't you ask your son?" Hopper asks. "We found it in his car."

"What?" Jonathan asks, sitting up. "Why are you going through my car?"

"Is that really the question you should be asking right now?" The Chief says dangerously lowly. "I wanna see you in my office."

"You won't believe me."

"Why don't you give me a try?"

We all follow Hopper and Joyce to his office and tell them the real truth... all of it. Hopper sits on the tabletop of his desk, looking at the picture of the monster Jonathan took and the one I drew.

"You say blood draws this thing?" He asks.

"We're not sure," I answer.

"It's just a theory," Nancy finishes.

Joyce drags Jonathan into the hallway to talk with him privately. Hopper remains on his desk, not speaking a word to Nancy or I.

A commotion comes from the main room of the station. Hopper stands and heads out the door. I follow behind him, wanting to know what's going on.

"Stay here," he tells me as we walk down the hallway.

"But—"

He turns to face me and points a finger in my face. "This is none of your business."

I stop and let him go on, then quietly walk to the corner of the wall and peep around it.

A lady argues with one of the officers, her hands wildly flying around and her voice high and shrilly. Her kid stands behind her with his arm in a sling.

"What the hell is going on here!?" Hopper demands, walking over to them.

"Chief... These men are humiliating my son," she says.

The officer denies it. "No, no, no. Okay, that's not true."

"Yes!" She trills.

"There was some kind of fight, Chief—" the other officer begins.

"A psychotic child broke his arm!" The lady points at her son's sling.

"A little girl, Chief. A little one," says officer Callahan.

"That tone!" The lady points at his face. "Do you hear that tone?" She turns around to Hopper, wagging her finger in the officer's face.

"Honestly, I'm just trying to state a fact."

𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖆𝖑 || 𝘀. 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘁𝗼𝗻On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara