chapter 10

So sorry for the long wait. I didn't know where I wanted to go with this but now I'm starting to see where I want this to go. Also, if anyone forgot, Jackson's brother is Jason. I only mentioned him once or twice but just giving you a heads up because they mention him breifly. So it's not edited and thanks to ashton15 for making me decide to upload. That girl is awesome :)

>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<

          A sudden alarm went off and I jolted awake. I look around to see the 5 men that are on my team, scurrying around, getting on their clothes. I hurry up and do the same. We all run out to find a battlefield. The men from our basecamp are scrambling around and firing. I see other people that aren’t from our base. The enemy! They must have found our base. I run to the weaponry room and take out some guns and my favorite swords. I run back out and join my men. Firing is going off everywhere. I can hear explosions close by. Many soldiers from the enemy are marching towards us. There’s too many!

I grab a new device that Jackson invented. I throw it in the middle of the enemy and a silent explosion goes off. It’s silent and deadly. Better than a grenade. The enemy seems to have better weapons though. It must be because they have Jackson’s brother. They fire to what seems to be grenade launchers but when they touch something, it explodes like a grenade, only twice as big of an explosion. Everyone on our side is running for cover. I look at my teammates. They look at me, waiting for my command. I don’t know why Officer Russell gave me the leader position but now is not the time to think about it. We need to do something now, and since I’m the leader…

“Brock! Gale! I need you guys to go gather the other men. Use the cafeteria as your shelter and fire from there. Make sure snipers are on the roof.” I say and they take off without a word.

“Jackson! Alex! I need you guys to get some weapons and figure out how to destroy them. I need this done as quickly as possible.” I say.

“B-but I d-don’t think-“

“Jackson!” I grab his shoulders and make him look at me. “You can do this. Your brother might have been a genius but so are you. I believe in you. Everyone needs you. I need you.” I say.

Jackson shakes his head and salutes me. I salute him back and he takes off with Alex. I then turn to Tristan.

“Tristan, you’re going to give me back up.” I say.

“Alright. How do you want me to do it?” He asks.

“I want you to go to the tallest building and watch my back. Take out anyone I don’t see.” I say.

He nods and heads for a building. I look over at the cafeteria and see all the men hurrying in and barricading themselves. Good. They’re fine. I look back at the army of men coming towards me, ready to fire. I take out my two swords and charge. They start to fire but I’m too quick. I run around, trying to get them to split up and they do just that. I take out group after group and I can hear the men in the cafeteria holding their own. I feel a presence behind me and turn just in time to see a bullet go through his head. He falls and I silently thank Tristan. I resume to my own battle. The enemy is slowly diminishing. I then see Alex run over to the cafeteria. Jackson is far off, trying to yell something at me. I can’t get to him so I just try to listen to his yelling.

“Jason set it up for us! Cut the ends off of the gun and it’ll explode!” He yells.

I turn back to the enemy and grin. They almost look scared. I charge and slice as many guns as I can. Explosions go off all around me. It’s a little difficult but good thing these swords can cut through anything. They’re good for missions like this. All of a sudden, a swarm of men tackle me. There’s too many! I can’t fight them all off. I hear Jackson and Tristan yell but their voices are so far away. I feel constricted. I’m swallowed by darkness. I can feel someone pushing on my lungs. I’m suffocating. I hear more and more yelling but I can’t tell if it’s my men or the enemy. I feel my head getting light and everything seems so far away. Why would Officer Russell make me the team leader? I can’t even fend for myself. How am I supposed to lead a team? Now that I think about it, where is Officer Russell? My thoughts are quickly interrupted with the pressure being slowly lifted. After a minute, I see light through the bodies. Many hands reach for me in the mixture of bodies. Many grab me and pull me out. I catch my breath and look up to see who saved me. I see many faces of men from the cafeteria. They must have come to save me. I realize they’re waiting for me to say something.