Chapter 7

After waking up this morning I continued my usual morning routine.
I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and ate breakfast. 
Though, rather than heading to the video store, I went to a Halloween store.
After seeing all the houses I was convinced now would be a good time to get decorations. Once I had gotten to the store I was welcomed by skeletons and pumpkins in the front entrance.

I walked inside the store and towards the spider webs.
In my head, I had a visual representation as to how I wanted to decorate it.
I took some spider webs, and a couple of fake spiders.
After this, I took some string and white cloth. 

Before I could get anything else I hear my name being called from across the room.

"Hey, Y/n!" 

I turned to face the person calling me. 
It was Mary.
She was closer to me now.
Standing behind Mary was Chris and Melissa.

"Hi, Mary." I said awkwardly.

The three of them stared at me with smiles plastered onto their faces.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked.

"Yup!" they all shouted simultaneously.

"We wanted to know if you wanted to go to a party later!" Mary shouted.

"I don't know. I'm gonna be a bit busy today." I said while pointing towards my basket of Halloween decorations.

"Oh come on! It'll be fun! We're gonna watch lots of movies!" Melissa added.

Hearing the three of them acting as if nothing happened between us felt so off. 
Fake, almost.
I didn't want to seem like the bad guy in this situation so I agreed.

"I guess I'll go then." 

The three of them passed looks at each other then left. 

After a while I went back to my shopping.
I searched for the rest of my decorations and continued looking for anything else I could add.

Once I was done getting everything I needed I payed for my items and left.

On my way home I continued looking at the decorated houses for inspiration.
Though, once I had gotten home.. I mostly just experimented with my items.
I hung purple and orange lights both inside, and outside of my home. 
Using string and white cloth I made small and big ghosts.
I placed the spiders and webs on the corners of my house.
Then, I carved some pumpkins, placed candles in them, then placed said pumpkins on my porch. 
I wish I could have done so much more but I couldn't. I wasn't exactly making the most money for someone my age. 

I was getting ready to go back inside after decorating my house while a car pulled up into my driveway.
It was Chris.
I'm guessing that in the back was both Mary and Melissa.

"Come in!" he yelled. 

I went into his car and surely enough, in the back seats were both Mary and Melissa.

"Hello." I said while sitting on the right side of Melissa.

"Hey, Y/n!" Mary yelled.

No more words were exchanged after our greetings.
The four of us sat in an uncomfortable silence.
The only thing I hoped for in that moment, shockingly enough, was to go to the party.
That way I could pretend I got lost and get away from them.

Once we had arrived at the party Chris, Mary, and Melissa went to get drinks.
Not that I was planning on getting any but I was a bit disappointed when they told me not to get a drink because I was going to need to drive them back home.

"How do you like it?" Melissa asked me.

"Like what?"

"The party, silly!" she yelled while slurring on her words.