Author's Note

Author's Note:

And thus, my eleventh story is completed.

This one was a bit unusual, having started out as a dream that showed me the plot from beginning to end. I'm normally not a fan of stories with curses, but this one was interesting to write.

Sitting at just 56,776 words, this is now my smallest story. Knowing exactly where the plot was going kept things moving pretty quickly.

I'm already debating about starting a sequel, but I'm not sure if we want these two to go on a trading expedition as Shane widens his horizons and meets Olivia's parents, or have the necklaces reappear and cause trouble (or possibly even awaken a spark of sorceress magic in Olivia?).

A huge thank you to everyone who helped me catch errors and polish this story into something that flows better (there were quite a few of you who helped as I posted the new chapters - thank you as well!)

Please also give a round of applause to my main editors - FireAlwaysReturnsHippopatacampus, wingedalphaMedley_LoverBookWyrm11Repeat932CyberWolfWritessabikitsune - who spent quite a few hours of their time helping me sort out my persistent typos and questionable grammar as we polished it up for posting.

Some statistics on the story:
This was my eleventh book.
It took me about 3 months to write and edit. (This was done before I started posting).
First chapter was posted on: March 1, 2022    (one update a week)
Completed: Nov 15, 2022
~56,700 words (Roughly 109 pages in a word document – single-spaced)

Fanfiction & Spinoffs:
I've had a few inquiries, and yes, people may write fanfictions and spinoffs using my story world and magic/curse rules as long as proper credit is given. (Please note that this does not allow you to copy my story.) Please list my story title and username in either your summary and/or Chapter one.
Example: My story was inspired by 'By The Light of The Moon', which was written by @CrystalScherer.

If you want, when you post it, let me know and I can add it to my reading list, which is dedicated to such spinoffs. Some people also add the tag 'CrystalScherer' to their spinoffs so they are easier to find.

Please note that I do not accept offers to translate my story as I would need those language rights if I ever publish it.

Feel free to check out my other books! Here's a link to my Profile: www.wattpad.com/user/CrystalScherer

For a list of my upcoming stories or what I'm working on, please check out my 'What's Up?' book.

Have an Awesome Day!