Chapter 3: The Loud Bunch

The sun slowly sunk in the sea of orange shade and pink hue, dusk is upon the earth and the stars will soon shine in the new evening sky. But nothing really good happens at night, the creatures who lurks at the shadows will come out one by one and bloodshed will soon begin.

"Kazahana Fuyuko! Kazahana Fuyuko!"

A strange voice suddenly made Fuyuko halt, and she raised her head towards the beautiful tangerine painted sky, only to see her favorite crow that she would love to boil someday. She then brought her hand upfront and let her crow land in her arm.

"How are you doing, Inei?" she asked. Despite having no smile, her crow felt her care.

"Great! Great!" Inei happily chimed.

"Is there a new mission?"

"No! No!" Inei replied. "Fuyuko must rest! Fuyuko must rest!"

"Is there a Wisteria House nearby?"

"Follow me! Follow me!"

The crow then expanded its wings and flew towards its said destination with Fuyuko tailing him close behind.

After an hour of walk, the darkness of the evening devoured the once colorful sky, letting the shadows roam free into the night. Fortunately, Fuyuko and her crow finally reached their destination, a manor with a Wisteria family crest beautifully garnished in its front gate.

"Here we are! Here we are!" Inei informed as he landed at Fuyuko's shoulder.

A short old lady then peeked out of the gate and welcomely gazed at Fuyuko, she had wrinkled skin and thick eyebrows. Her bulky, gray hair is tied into a medium sized bun with two strands poking out behind her ears. She then stepped out of the gate and bowed at the girl.

"Welcome, Demon Slayer," She greeted. "Please come in."

"Thank you, obaasan." Fuyuko stated as she entered and followed the old lady.

They leisurely walk at the long hallway of the house, the aura inside was welcoming, making Fuyuko relax, and the quiet atmosphere it holds is the kind of silence that you can say you are at peace... until she heard screaming coming towards her back.

She immediately turned and fixed her gaze towards the said direction, only to see a blond boy, with orange streak, running towards her. The boy suddenly trip and face planted on the floor, just half a meter away from her.

"Um... are you alright?" Fuyuko asked unsure.

She was about to near the boy when it suddenly stood up, kneeled in front of her with strange flowers suddenly appearing all over his surroundings. He smiled sweetly to her with pink cheeks, she didn't even notice him grasp her hands and entwining it with his until she saw it.

"Oh Okami-sama, marry me!" he exclaimed.

Okami is the name of the Japanese Goddess of rain and snow, and Fuyuko was suddenly taken aback from the boy's action. She even thought that he might have hit his head hard on the wooden floor. Fuyuko was about to respond to the boy when she suddenly heard another uproar from the same direction.

"Come here and fight me, Genzitsu!" A booming masculine voice echoed throughout the house.

The blond boy unexpectedly shuddered and tightly clutch into Fuyuko's tall figure, just in time when another individual with a boar mask came into her view, along with a boy that has ruffled, burgundy hair yelling at them to stop but it is already clear that they are not listening.

"Okami-sama, save me!" the blond boy cried, still tightly holding onto her.

The other boys then stopped from their tracks when they saw Fuyuko, allowing her to clearly see their different features and familiarized their faces, except for the guy that she internally questioned in her head, in why is he wearing a boar mask.

"Who are you, snow face!?" the boar asked like a roaring best, pointing a finger towards her.

Whilst she just stared at them with a poker face. They sure are a lively loud bunch but disrespecting her is something else, and she is not very fond of such action. She might be quiet but you don't know when will she plan on killing you.

"Don't be rude, Inusuke." The boy with burgundy hair scolded.

"I'm sorry for the rudeness of my friends." He politely bowed in an apologetic manner. "I'm Kamado Tanjiro."

"I'm the almightly, Inusuke!" the boar bragged.

"And he's Agatsuma Zenitsu." the boy, who's name is Tanjiro, pointed at the blond boy.

"Kazahana Fuyuko." She simply introduced.

"It's nice meeting you, Kazahana-san." Tanjiro beamed.

"Are you strong, snow face!?" Inusuke loudly asked. "Fight me!"

"This way, Miss." The old lady suddenly urged, catching their attention.

Tanjiro immediately read the situation and quickly pulled Zenitsu away from the young woman, dragging him along the hallway towards their respected room.

"No!" the blond boy started to struggle. "Save me, Okami-sama! I want to be with you!"

Finally freed from the grasp of the blond lover boy, Fuyuko continued on her way towards a set of stairs. When she reached her room, she immediately took a bath and changed into a different clothing that the old lady provided her, a lavender yukata embroidered with wisteria flowers.

After a hearty meal she then turned off the lights and let the moon shower its illuminating gleam from the open balcony of her room. She gazed at the night sky letting the radiance of the moonlight soak her snowy hair that cascaded down her waist, her fair skin also gleamed under the moon's kiss, and she let it bring shimmer to her deep azure eyes.

For months of endless travel and hunting she was at peace once again, inhaling the relaxing breeze of the cool evening air mixed with the sweet scent of wisteria. It had been nine years since she set herself free and burn the home she loathed. After a long self-training she then entered the Demon Slayer Corps, acing the test and now, she's here, enjoying the beautiful night view.

It's been 3 years since she joined the Demon Slayer Corps and with that amount of time, Fuyuko climbed her way to the high rank, reaching the rank of a Kinoe, and just one demon to kill, she will be surely promoted as a Hashira. She even wished to battle one of the Twelve Kizuki if she is lucky enough to find one.

As Fuyuko admired the moon, a familiar voice suddenly screamed below her. She can't make out the words but she is pretty positive that she heard the scared scream of the blond boy, Zenitsu. His room along with the other boys was just below hers and they are as loud as ever.

As she used her senses to detect their presence her body suddenly tense when she felt the presence of a demon. But the strangest of all, this particular demon doesn't hold any malice or bloodlust. It was just there, accompanying the others. Curiosity then struck and as the wind blew, Fuyuko vanished from sight.

"Give me all the blood I shed!" Zenitsu screamed in the top of his lungs. "I... listen, I... Demon Slayer Corps is not something you'd join for fun!"

"Guys like you gotta be purge! Immediately!"

Zinetsu then slowly unraveled his lightning sword from its sheath with tears falling out of his eyes, as he is more than ready to purge Tanjiro.

"Purged immediately!"

Tanjiro then catches a familiar scent, the same scent he smelled before from the white-haired woman he met earlier and it's getting closer but before he could react, he suddenly felt a bone-chilling cold in his neck, he lowered his gaze and saw a sharp frost-colored blade, deadly close in his skin.

"A demon slayer accompanying a demon," her cold voice made Tanjiro gulp. "explain yourself, Kamado Tanjiro."