ix.

This new life of hers...felt different.

Bonnie was born in a familiar wood. The magic in each blade of grass and each powerful tree, the buzzing in the air was so familiar to her...and then she realized...she was born in Mystic Falls. This was the true Mystic Falls, long before it had been poluted and perverted by the 'Founding' families.

note: this is kinda just for me but when the Mikaelsons become vampires these are what i'm gonna have the 'kids' ages be: freya (shes not gonna be in this chapter but yeah) - 29 , finn - 28 , elijah - 23 (almost 24) , bonnie - 23 (just barely 23) , klaus - 20 , kol - 19 , rebekah - 17 , henrik - 13

Bonnie was born...and the woman who gave birth to her died. Bonnie was saddened at the poor girl's demise, of course, but she was old now, old...with not much sorrow to give and so...she mourned the woman and moved on.

Her father in this was a man named Etu, meaning the sun. Bonnie thought the name was fitting, he was bright and warm and kind...she loved him dearly. He had named her Halona, meaning fortune, hoping she would have a good life. With her luck...she doubted it.

The first few years of her life were...decent. Her father adored her and she adored him. She never made a fuss, she was a quiet baby, to her struggling father's relief. She did things quickly, she learned to babble, then she learned to talk, then she learned to walk...then she learned to run.

She had never much appreciated running before but now...racing between trees? She felt so at peace with the cold nipping at her nose and wind whipping through her hair.

tw // creepy behavior of a man toward a little girl, attempted child murder, graphic violence

It was on one particular run...three years into this new life, that Bonnie found herself approached by an unfamiliar man. His pale skin was a sharp contrast to what Bonnie had grown used to and his hair, pulled back in various braids told Bonnie he was a Viking.

"Hello, little girl," His lips pulled into an unnerving smile.

"Can I help you?" Bonnie asked innocently, eyes narrowing, young weak voice slurring her words together.

"Mmm," His nordic accent was thick, "Are you perhaps, Halona?"

"I am," She replied brightly, tone subtly laced with suspicion.

"You are immortant to your 'pack's' leader?" He questioned mockingly.

"I...should get back..." She slowly backed away.