CHAPTER 25

Shane's POV:

3 months ago....

I came inside my office after my last meeting before I take the day off and spend time with the love of my life to ask her to be mine completely.

Thinking about it brought a huge smile on my face.

I was going through my things one last time before I go when I found a note there.

I opened it and was shocked by what is written in there.

Tell that bastard that I am coming after her. How dare he hide her away from me!

There was no name or initial or anything stating from where it got to here.

At first I wanted to ignore it but when I read the word hide something in my gut told me I should take it serious and my thoughts went to Maya suddenly.

Without wasting any minute I rushed out of my office and went to Chase Group of Industries.

"Mr.Mathew what are you doing here? Sir is busy right now" dad's (Mr. Chase) PA hurried to me franticly and tried to stop me but I didn't budge and went directly even without knocking.

I started calling Paul and Ursula, Mom and Dad few months back.

Hearing the chaos dad looked up from his files and asked "Shane what are you doing here?" in a cold voice because I just bragged into his office but I don't give a shit.

"What is this dad?" I asked throwing the piece of paper on his table and when he looked at it all the color was drained from his face.

He composed himself and told the PA to go out and asked to not let anyone inside even if it is a family member.

I looked at him confused but at the same time frustrated on not knowing what is going on.

"Shane son take a seat" he said motioning me to the couch.

"What is all this dad? What is happening? Why do you look like that? I asked him tensed.

"Shane there is something we have been hiding from you all even Maya and Meghan doesn't know about this" he said looking glum.

"What is it dad?" I asked and I could hold the shiver in my voice after seeing his state.

"Did Maya ever told you about why we kept them away from the world?" he asked me and I nodded.

"It's because mom got a miscarriage when I she 2 years because someone tried to kill her for the money. So you decided it will be good for her and Meghan to not let people know they are related to you people so they don't harm them" I said remembering what she said.

"Yes, but there was more to that story which we kept it away from them" he said making me shocked.

"I had a sister who married a man who is not of our society. At first my father was opposed to it but later that man won our hearts by his good ways so we accepted him finally into the family. Things went nicely and everyone were happy with their lives. But one day during a family get together which consisted of me, my wife, Maya, my sister, her husband, Emma and her parents. That time Ursula was pregnant with my second child and suddenly she started feeling pain and there was lot of blood and we rushed her to the hospital. The doctor told us that she was poisoned, they were able to save her but not the baby. After that incident we started looking into who tried to kill her and why and we found out it was my sister and her husband. We were able to catch my sister but that bastard ran away and was never found again." He said looking ranged remembering the incident but calmed down so he can continue.