Fork Danzo

A fork can be a pretty deadly weapon in the right hands.

-

Naruto hummed softly as he made his way through the village. While the hateful stares of the villagers were expected, Naruto couldn't help but feel a bit weirded out. After all, as the hero of the leaf, all Naruto had received for years was respect, even if he felt he wasn't worthy of it. It also made him realise how ignorant and shallow people were before the Shinobi Alliance. 

Sighing, Naruto walked around randomly to kill time, waiting for Kakashi to stop monitoring him for the day. Even though the copy ninja was no longer an ANBU, he still felt the need to keep an eye over the child who could have legally been his younger brother had the 4th lived to see another day. 

The thought of having Kakashi beside him at all times comforted Naruto greatly but it also made the situation riskier. I'll annoy you loads when the teams are formed Kaka-sensei but for now, please stop stalking me or else I'm going to get a restraining order filed against you.

"I forgot he was a creep."

Kaka-sensei is not a creep.

"Right because he totally isn't a grown ass man following a child. He might've even watched you shower."

.... 

"He literally reads porn in public."

Yeah okay, you may have a point. 

Once Kakashi's chakra disappeared, Naruto grinned and made his way towards the woods behind the Hokage tower seeing as it was the location of the root ANBU HQ. How Hiruzen had not noticed it just further proved his incompetence. 

Now, Naruto could very easy infiltrate the building and go straight for Danzo but that would ruin the fun. Not to mention, Sasuke had dibs on Danzo so the Nara and Uzumaki couldn't exactly do much. Instead, Naruto's goal was to make Hiruzen aware of the fact that the root ANBU were operating illegally under Danzo which in of itself was treason. 

Times like these Naruto was grateful about how honest and naïve his young self had been because Hiruzen trusted Naruto a great deal and would never be suspicious of the blonde. Keeping that in mind, Naruto flipped off the sealed entrance of the roots ANBU base and made his way to the Hokage tower. 

-

Hiruzen had gotten extremely tired of the never ending workload that came with being the leader of a big ass village. I wouldn't mind some drama right about now- 

Naruto came hurling through the window into the Hokage office without any regard for decency because the door is for noobs. Honestly, Hiruzen couldn't bring himself to mind the blondes brash personality as it mirrored Kushina's brightness far too much.

"HELLO JIJI!" Naruto exclaimed excitedly, causing the old Sarutobi to smile involuntarily. The blondes cheeriness was extremely contagious which Hiruzen found himself warming up to. 

"Hello Naruto. How has your day been?"

"My day has been great Jiji! I played with Shika and Choji at the academy and then walked around the village and no one said anything mean today! All they did was stare with mean faces but that's alright!" Hiruzen could feel his heart die a bit once again. Naruto was a very honest child without any filter and it always bothered Hiruzen how the blonde could state such dark things without a care in the world. 

Of course Hiruzen knew that he was at fault for this but he couldn't do much if he wanted to keep Naruto safe against people intending to use the tailed beasts power inside him or maybe that was just an excuse to make himself feel better.