Chapter Fifteen: The Dark Room

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

Where is Mrs. Alonzo when I need her.

If I have to eat another bowl of cereal, I'm going to lose it. Downstairs, Paul, Tatiana and Oliver sit around the kitchen island. I get down stairs to see Paul, Oliver and Tatiana sitting around the table. "Good morning." I look in the cabinet for some cheerios when the slow sound of clicking makes my eyes roll so far into my head. I make a quick bowl, bringing it over to the island.

This bitch and I are gonna have it out one day...

"I know what you're doing." She bites harshly, walking up to me. "Yeah, eating a bowl of cheerios, what about you?" I snap back, putting my food down.

"You think you're special. You're not, you need to back off." I see Tatiana rounding the table around the table.

Jealous bitch.

"Lorna, who the fuck are you talking to?" I step forward, motioning for Tatiana to stop. "Stay away from him!" She pushes her body into mine as she walks away and I run to grab her.

Paul and Oliver hold me back as she walks away into the living room. "Why I outta." We laugh as I make my way back to the island. "Fucking psycho bitch." I say, grabbing my food.

I go up to Alec's office to let him know I was stepping out but to my surprise, he wasn't there. I go back to my room and grab my phone when I see a text from him.

Hey, I'm out doing some things. I'll see you later -A

I had some things to do today anyway so I have someone drive me downtown. Thankfully Alec told me I could go alone as long as my driver is with me. I need new shoes, I'm bored with the ones I have. "How are these?" One of the employees hold up a pair of black wedges. "Those are cute!" I grab my phone when I hear a text message from Alec.

Hey, meet me downstairs when you get home, I have to work on something under the house. I miss you.

A smile appears on my face as I hurry and purchase the shoes and make my way back home. I don't stop to speak to anyone, I rush downstairs calling for him but don't get a response. "Alec? Where are you?"

I look around the basement, seeing the wall with all of the tools I've force myself away from. I can't wait to play with the shit down here when no one's here. He has about 20 different saws in this wall. I'm getting distracted, "Alec!" But to no avail I don't hear anything.

I look down the hall at the separate rooms. I walk into one, not only looking for Alec but just looking in general. "Alec, this isn't funny, get out here." I yell inside until I head scuffling, clicking and then the door shuts. I'm not fast enough the closest I got was slamming my hand on the door just as it closes.

"Lorna!" I breathe, trying to stay calm.

"Maybe when I say, don't go near him, you'll listen next time. I guess I have to reprimand you like your ex did." She scoffs. "I don't know what your problem is, however you need to let me out of here. Right now." She laughs at the possibility of me thinking she'd do that.