one. the fog

A blanket of pure darkness covered the world around you. Nothing could be seen, and nothing could be heard, from the empty space of pure nothingness.

You lived in a world where silence was the only sound and black was the only color. A dull and lifeless space where you aimlessly floated around. Never in your entire existence had you seen a drop of color or spec of life. The only touch is space, the only smell is a thought, and taste is nothing more than a want. Every sense is nonexistent, and nothing truly exists in the world where you roam alone.

Where do you go from here?

Nowhere. You can't go anywhere. Your existence, mind and body, is one with the hollow world. Wherever you go, the darkness would follow.

For the longest time, you never actually wondered where you were or why you were there. Not once did you question your existence. It was like you were living in an empty world with an idea of what you were to do...and that was to simply exist.

Your life was set up for you, and you adapted to that quite well. So why...

Why were you beginning to think?

Why were you beginning to understand your existence?

It happened so fast, you couldn't comprehend what was happening. The feeling wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't unwelcome. You could feel the rushing winds blow throughout your entire being. Was this what it meant to be cold? The icy breeze stung, but you tolerated the feeling as you suddenly began to see a shift in your view.

It was no longer dark. Blurs of colors you had never known to exist began to form. You looked around, shapes formed within the colors. The once silent atmosphere dispersed into white noise of muffled ringing. You could feel something itch within you. You looked down. A dark mist molded with you. From the mist formed a human body. Your human body. Hands. Feet. Legs. You were beginning to take on a form, a physical form.

A strange noise came out of you. It scratched into the air, the sound feeling sharp and raw as it echoed into the empty world. All of your senses became instantly engulfed by your new existence. You could feel the space around you differ from your past form. The world was cold, and you could smell the fresh, damp matter that surrounded you.

It was different.

All the colors were dark shades, but nothing like the world you had previously been a part of. This world had colors and shapes of many different forms that you had never seen before in your life. You looked all around you, your eyes instantly landing on a large figure just a few feet away.

Pushing forward, you felt your body slowly become separate from the glowing gold particles in the crawling mist. Your newly formed legs wobbled, however, you didn't stop moving. Each step was a struggle, but you persisted until you were finally touching the the large rough being that loomed a thousand times over you.

Whispers spoke in your head. She called to you. Her voice was lulling and familiar, yet it was also painful and grotesque. She wrapped her voice around you, her beautiful wails cried out in simultaneous harmonies with the voices of the billions of tera worlds she had consumed.

Oh. These are trees?

Your fingers curled around the rough exterior of the 'tree.'

It was interesting.

You continued to marvel at the world around you. Your eyes traveling down to your bare form, and up to the dark, empty sky. This new existence, it was peculiar, but you had to wonder. Why? Why are you here?

Her whispers got louder and the screams were more dreadful. It pounded into your head, carving its cries into every crevice of your consciousness, making you wince. She was loud. Very loud. But you could still make her needs.

Purpose? What was your purpose?

Although the air was still, your mind was bustling with noise. You could hear her demands getting louder and louder. The cries of billions of lost souls tore through your head. However, through it all, you could still hear her ghastly, enchanting voice.

Oh. That was your purpose.

Your gaze moved up to the open sky, eyes traveling into the black abyss of the universe.

Your purpose is to serve her.

ARCUS —?
Every being in history has either had a right hand man or a loyal disciple. An apostle that would do their ruler's bidding as a believer and a fighter without any hesitation. That's what it is. The servant. They are a wolf in sheep's clothes. A poisonous flower that looks innocent at first sight until its spores seep into your skin and your left lying on the ground in despair. The servant is a creature of darkness made to serve as a physical embodiment of a soldier. When I first arrived here, I actually thought they were another survivor such as myself. I couldn't be farther from the truth. They're made of the same pure evil that the Ancient One is composed of.

However, my time with them has made me realize something. The only thing that sets them apart from the entity is its own curiosity. If the entity were to be Daedalus then the servant would be Icarus.