22| Questions

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Questions

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 22: Questions (Aaron's POV)

We both stood in silence, staring at the bed. We were both so focused on the bed that neither one of us even looked around the room to admire the room. "Who are we kidding?" she mumbled. "It's a couple's suite, why would they have double beds?" She shook her head and ignored the bed, walking past it and onto the porch.

Our room had an entire porch to itself, like a patio, instead of a balcony. Since our room faces the ocean, we had a patio with a small round table and two pool chairs. The railing was pretty high and under the railing, it was a glass screen. We had a perfect view of the beach.

She rested her elbows on the railing and stared at the beach while I turned my attention back to the bed. I sighed, scratching my temple.

Now, what the fuck do we do?

She came back inside, closing the sliding door to the patio and locking it, leaving the curtains open. There wasn't even a couch in the room. There was a desk and a desk chair and next to the bedside table was just a standing lamp. Not even a two-seater of some sort. She threw her arms up and let them drop to her sides, hitting her thighs. "All right. You take the floor, I'll take the bed."

"What?" I scoffed.

She shrugged.

"No. No, I'm not sleeping on the floor. Absolutely not."

"Where else are you going to sleep? The desk?"

"Why do I have to sleep on the floor? Because I'm a guy?" I lifted a brow at her.

"Because... you're a gentleman?"

"No. I'm not a gentleman," I shook my head. "No. You sleep on the floor."

She paused in thought, glancing at the carpeted floor, and shrugged. "Fine."

I stared at her, waiting for her to crack, to say she won't sleep on the floor, to beg me to take the floor. But she didn't.

There's no way she will actually sleep on the floor.

"Aaron, please," she let out a huff. "Can we at least take turns switching? One night I'll sleep on the floor, then you can, huh?"

I pretended to think and then said, "No. I'm not giving up the bed whatsoever."

"Why?"

"I'm taking the left side." I sat down, kicked my shoes off, and then moved to lay down, tucking one arm under my head.

"Aaron!"

"Vanessa," I said calmly. "We were brought on this vacation, this free vacation. We're at this beautiful hotel, in this beautiful room, with this beautiful view—"

"There's only one bed!"

"Because you're supposed to be my girlfriend." I sat up straight against the headboard.