danny's escape

Back on the casino floor, Vigil and Turk, who had just been signalled by Rusty, pushed the cash cart towards the cage door. A sentry stood outside the door, guarding it. Virgil reached for his key card and found it missing.

"Where's your card?" Turk asked.

"Oh, god! I think I lost my card."

"Are you serious?"

"Oh, Jesus, I'm so sorry."

"You are so stupid, you know that? You're a nincompoop!"

"Guys! Hey, don't- Hey, don't" The sentry tries to interrupt. They all start shouting at each other before the sentry holds his hand out.

"Hey! Keep it down."

"Sorry." "Sorry."

"Hey, where- Just tell me where did this-"

"High rollers' room. This is Mr. Benedict's stuff in here. It's his stuff." Turk said, while patting the top of the cash cart's lid.

"Alright, Joe, take this inside."

"To the count room?" Joe asked.

"No! To the, uh, vault. Benedict's money goes in the vault. You know that."

"I'm sorry." Virgil and Turk apologise as they back away from the door as the cart was being pushed in by Joe.

"Hey." The sentry said, "Next time, just remember the card. We won't run into this again."

"Sorry." "Stupid." They turned and walked away from the door and got lost in the crowded casino.

*********************************
"There. There's your briefcase now, Mr. Zerga." Walsh said, as they watched the cctv footage of the guard getting into the vault elevator, who stopped the door for the sentry delivering the cash cart that had Yen inside.

"Wo-wonderful." Saul stuttered, as he took a Rolaid and popped it into his mouth, looking at the monitors. He was sweating profusely and inhaling deeply trying to keep composure.

"That's my cue." Rusty said, tying his tie after watching the footage of Saul popped the Rolaid into his mouth on the monitor in the hotel room, before standing up, putting on his suit jacket and making his way out the room.

"Give Bash the go." He continued and left the room.

"Bash, what's your status?" Livingston asked through the radio, "Bash!"

"Easy, easy. No need to shout, governor."

"What's your status?" Livingston asked once more.

"Yeah, I'm nearly there." He said as he continued driving to a parking lot that was empty and slightly further away from the casino. He parked the van next to a car and got out to get the pinch ready.

*********************************
"Mr. Walsh, show this man off the premises." Benedict ordered, after telling Frank to leave the room they had the interrogation in. He turned to Frank, "Don't ever set foot in my casino again."

"Sir?" Walsh said as he gestured for Frank to walk down the hall. As he was passing Linus, Frank lunged for him, scaring him into a cowering position against the doorframe.

Benedict rolled his eyes and began marching down the hallway, Linus following him, towards the exit of the cages and into the casino again. Linus patted his waist and then looked at it before stopping completely.

"Oh, I-" Linus said, "I forgot my pager." Benedict stopped and spun on his heel to face him again and inhaled deeply in annoyance, "I left it, sorry." Benedict checked his watch, seeing he was going to be late.

"You know your way back?" He asked.

"I do."

"Good." Benedict said before turning and marching down the hallway to enter the casino once more.

"Okay, enjoy the fight." Linus said before turning and walking back the way he came, "Sorry." Once Linus was round the corner, he lifted the small card he had stolen from Benedict's pocket when hiding, memorised it and put it away again.

*********************************
"So, how much longer you figure Mr. Benedict's gonna be?" Danny asked, looking at his watch, before looking up, hands folded. The two plainclothes were standing in front of him in a small backroom that had no way to get in except the door and had no cameras.

"Hmm." Danny exhaled in response to the dead silence that greeted him, before pointing vaguely between the two men, "No cameras in this room, huh?" He nodded, "Yeah. Don't want anybody seein' what goes on in here. He's not comin', is he?" The plainclothes stared at Danny until three booming knocks was made on the door. One smirked at Danny, while the other turned to open the door. In the doorway stood a tall, muscular, bald man staring at Danny who was still sitting on a small box in the middle of the room.

"We're gonna step outside now." One of the men said, "Leave you two to talk things over." Danny closed his eyes, shook his head, and looked at the ground.

*********************************
"There, does that satisfy you Mr. Zerga?" Walsh asked, Saul began to sweat profusely and patted his pockets looking for his Rolaids, not finding them as well as the stress of the briefcase being put on the lid of the cash cart that Yen was hiding in.

"I am very satisfied." Saul replied, loosening his tie, and taking deep breaths in.

"Are you alright, sir?" Walsh asked as he leant forwards and looked concerned.

"I'm fine." Saul assured him, "I'm fine."

*********************************
Danny, sat looking at the ground, shaking his head before inhaling and looking up and standing up again.

"Alright." He said, to be met with a punch to the face from the enormous man. Danny yelled out, in pain, crouching down and holding his face.

"Jesus." Danny said, as he punched the cabinet he was leaning over from the punch. The man who had just punched him looked over in concern, holding Danny up, "Bruiser, not until later."

"Sorry, Danny." Bruiser said, "I- I forgot."

"It's alright." Danny said, before patting the back of Bruiser's bald head in affection, "How's your wife?" Danny pushed the cart into the corner of the room, underneath a vent in the celling.

"Pregnant again."

"Well, it happens." Danny replied, "Let's get started." Danny was helped onto the cart by Bruiser, "Come here." He moved the crate of the air vent out of the way and was met with his sister's smiling face, no longer dressed in the dress she was in earlier.

"Hi, Bruiser"

"Hey, Iris."

"What- Iris, what are you doing here?"

"Hello, Danny."

"What are you doing here?" Danny repeated, in shock, "How did you know?"

"Danny, you act as though I'm not your sister." Iris said, deadpan, "You did what I would've done. Now, come on. We have meet Linus." She held out a hand and hoisted Danny up into the vent.

*********************************
In the security centre, they watched as Linus walked down the hallway and towards the elevator. The spotter was about to report him to the security guards when Saul suddenly grabbed onto the banister in front of him. Hearing the bang, the people in the centre turned and watched in shock as he fell to the ground, grabbing his heart.

"Mr. Zerga!"