Chapter five

It is the next morning. Meaning the gentlemen who are interested in a woman, will visit her at home.

This is the reason why I'm now getting dressed in a simple sage green dress. After my breakfast, I sit together with Lucy and Henry in our drawing room while embroidering on a piece of fabric for a future dress.

I had a couple of callers coming in our house but not one of them in my taste. Luckily for me, Henry is talented in shooing men away. There was in reality just one man I would like to now closer. Benedict Bridgerton seems like a man with interest in art and has also showed a bit of humour yesterday. Sadly for me, he hasn't showed up.

But who showed up was Lord Wetherby. He and Henry have a secret relationship. He is often by Henry's parties and when the young Lord is not in a room together with Henry, we spend some time together. From time to time we draw each other. Wetherby is not the best artist and I am not good in drawing portraits, so the outcome is always very funny.

Tonight would be an opera but my interest in music is not really big, so I diced to stay at home.

Dearest reader,

This author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news. It seems our diamond requires a closer inspection. As such, an even rarer jewel of only the most remarkable brilliance, fire, and lustre has been unearthed. Her name, unknown to most, yet soon known to all, is Miss Marina Thompson. This author is left to wonder whether Her Majesty might reconsider the high praise she once afforded Miss Bridgerton. For we all must know what the queen despises more than anything... being wrong.

And the drawing room at Bridgerton House currently appears to be emptier than the muddled head of her dearest King George.

It follows that Lady Featherington is to receive what she has always desired: the season's true Incomparable living under her own roof. She must be overjoyed.

But beside Miss Thompson, also our little orphan has good amount of callers herself but most of them get shooed away from her foster father. Poor little thing.

Sincerely

You're Lady Whistledown