Chapter 59

A.N: It's been a while. I visit this website often and I visit my writing often but never had capacity to write. It's been hard lately. I hope to fall into it now. I hope you all still enjoy these stories I've been writing over the past seven years. 

Jonathan, Jervis, Joker and Edward had not reached a conclusion. The arguing had stopped, it was pointless. None of them wanted to start a fight.
'A disgusting mess' was what Jonathan thought of the situation. Jervis was practically dragging a doll around, or one of those obscene dolls for toddlers - a psychological profile is necessary for whomever created those - which 'crap' out what it is fed. If Jervis wanted to drag around a lump of meat, the others wouldn't hold him back. They would just leave him with their disapproving opinions.

Jonathan was the first to peel away from the group, wanting to reunite properly with Daria. He found the newest rogue seemingly stuck upside down, with a vine tangled supportively around her leg.

"Everything okay, Darling?" he asked, amused.

"Can't talk, busy," she replied, then in breaking her own rule, started to slip down, caught and lowered by Harley Quinn while Jonathan chuckled at the mishap. Before Daria had regained balance, she was passed from Harley to Jonathan via a surprisingly graceful shove.

"How's it going?" Daria felt incredibly soothed from looking at Jonathan's eyes. He had removed his mask, trusting Ivy's created safe space. From both appearance of outside and talk amongst others, it seems the toxin would finish it's city takeover soon.

"Would you like to have a go on the vines?" Daria gestured to where she had just fallen from. Jonathan's smile only made her feel an urge to burrow her face against his chest, listening to the vibrations of him saying "I'll pass on your offer. Shall we go for a wander around the library?"
She lifted her head slightly to look at him, "Gosh still so romantic even in the localised apocalypse. I'd love to."

"Joker and I found a nice spot in the offices on the second floor, they have a big office with a large desk and big spinning chair, weeee!" she embellished her sentence with an unravelling of a vine she had twirled herself into, using aerial silk dance methods. Daria looked to Ivy who's eyes were glued onto Harley with adoration. Seeing such love made her feel warm. She looked back to Jonathan who was looking at her with such affection and she couldn't help but widen her grin. She wiggled her hand into Jonathan's and began the pace for their library wander.

As Jonathan and Daria explored, Harley and Ivy re-joined with the others who had ceased their discussion of the unwell girl.

"Okay. I'm ready for the cloud to go now! one week was enough!"

"Uh Harls, I'm finally getting the justice for plants I've always wanted,"

"Okay well, I'm glad for you honey,"

"I'm with you, sugar!" Joker cheered. "I want to be ready for when the people of Gotham wake up, and I want it soon."

"Mr. J, I thank you for your support, but also I am with Ivy now romantically. I want to just be friends and crime partners but you're no good for my mental health."
Ivy gasped in awe then snapped her head to watch the deep-set frown carve into Joker's face. Any day before this, he would have been despicably violent. There was a strange, but thank hell - thought Ivy - solidarity amongst the Gotham Rogues. 

"I'm exciting for the people of Gotham to wake up and find themselves in my amazing riddle rooms!" Riddler added to the confession circle that seemed to have formed.

"I miss being chased by clumsy stupid cops!"

"I miss breaking out of Arkham!"

"I miss Alice!" Everyone turned to Jervis, who was clutching the limp body of the girl against his chest. He began to cry.

"I knew this would happen," Edward sighed, irritated.

The room was silent again.
Ivy lightly tapped the palm of her hand against her forehead and groaned, "Ugh, fine, I don't want any death in this pretty place I've made." She retrieved a vial from within her dress. Riddler and Harley recognised it as the substance that had been abused by Ivy months before. They both went to snatch it from her before they realised she was not intending to drink it.

Ivy crouched down next to Jervis's Alice, tilted her chin up and dumped the vial down her throat.
She began to splutter and Ivy covered her mouth with her hand until the gagging and writhing stopped. Her eyes flew open and she sat up quickly, distancing herself from Jervis.

"What's your name?" Ivy asked.
"Lucy." She looked around at the faces looking down at her. She spoke clearly and seemed stronger despite still looking seconds from death's door.

"You all complain so much, you should make the most of your current situation. " She returned a sharp look to the circle of villains, excluding Jervis, whom she was scared to look at after all the psychological twisting he had done.

"She's right," Ivy stood back up again, "We can tell Scarecrow how we feel and do what we can in Gotham as the toxin is still present."

Edward nodded at Ivy's words. It was such a simple solution. Simple was a complicated thing for the Gotham Rogues; they thrived on their intricacy and absurdity which was far from simple in creation.