CHAPTER 23

Siddharth's POV

It has been a couple of weeks since the attack. After a proper investigation, my men found out that the attackers were none other than Shaktinand's people, and they were here to kill me and take Nandini with them.

After captivating Nandini, her father had a several times tried to rescue her from me. He had repetitively sent his men to Jaisheelgad, but every time they were either caught by my men or sometimes managed to flee away successfully.

Once, I had purposely given her the news about the killings of her people, with an only intention to hurt her. I remember how much that news had saddened her back then, but this time I haven't uttered a single word about the attacker who were in reality her men and who got killed right in front of her.

The day I had narrated my tragic story to her. I was in a total mess. After relieving those painful moments of my life, I somehow woke up from my sweet dream where I was roaming free in the garden of love with Nandini while keeping aside my determination to seek revenge for my dead father and my aunt tucked away somewhere in a shelves. I will never spare Shaktinand for what he did to them.

On the next day, Nandini came to me. She wanted to know that why did I left that day all of a sudden, without any further conversation.
She wanted to talk more about it, but I just stopped her in the middle and ordered her to not talk about this topic ever again.

Some weeks later, Nandini again attempted to talk to me about that incident but I changed the topic by asking about her hands. While talking to her, I noticed that her hand injures were almost healed and looked in a good condition.

Nandini still insisted about it, but like always wearing a frown and a cold look on my face, I walked away from her as determined to not touch the delicate topic ever again.

Since that day, I have strictly stopped thinking about her. I have made myself clear that no matter how much I have deep feelings for her, she will ultimately always remain her father's daughter. And moreover, why will she ever love a person who has put her through so much?

That day she had clearly said to me that she hates me, then why on earth I expect her to love me back. She will never accept my love, and she will never accept me. I will be stupid if I think that She'd understand my feelings and I have to accept this, whether I like it or not. Erasing off her name from my heart will not be easy for me, but I have to try because that's the only way it has to be.

Lying on my bed and thinking about all this, I was just not able to sleep as I was feeling restless and disturbed. I sat up on my bed and walked across my room to the place where Nandini slept.
Standing before the thin curtain, I called upon her. It was midnight and unlike me, she was fast asleep. I didn't want to wake her up at this hour... but I guess being rude and unconcerned to her, and
only treating her as an enemy's daughter will be an only way to make her go away from my mind. The more I care about her, the more difficult it'll grow for me to detach my mind from her.

" Wake up !" I ordered, showing no regrets.

I sensed no movements of her through the thin curtain, so I called her again. After a moans she replied in a soft whisper, sitting up.

" Yes..."

" Pick up some dry clothes and get them to the swimming room." I said flatly with an attitude of king.

Forbidden PrincessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara