Chapter Ten: The play

Pitts, Meeks, Cameron, Knox, Todd and Mireille are currently in the bathroom, getting ready for the play. Pitts, Meeks and Cameron are standing in front of a mirror, fixing their hair. Mireille sits on the windowsill with Knox. Both are already ready and waiting for their friends to finish.

"Oh, baby", says Pitts, fixing a strand of hair. Todd tries to tie his necktie but fails. Mireille giggles, jumping down and walking over to him.

"You still can't tie your necktie? What did you do every day?", she asks, tying it. Todd laughs embarrassed. He scratches the back of his head, looking away.

"I can tie it. I just want it to be perfect", Todd confesses, swallowing nervously. Mireille grins up at him, nodding. She tightens the necktie and steps back a little, admiring her work.

"Well, does that suit your taste?" Todd turns around and looks in the mirror, swaying a little before nodding happily.

"Yes, thanks."

"Excuse me", says Cameron, walking past them to the mirror. Now it's his turn to fix his hair. Mireille rolls her eyes playfully. What does he want to fix anyway? Todd seems to think the same. He chuckles before ruffling through his hair. Cameron scoffs, annoyed.

"Come on, Todd. I'm trying to fix this." Todd laughs again, walking to Knox, leaving Cameron to fix his hair again.

"Come on, Nuwanda, we're going to miss Neil's entrance", says Meeks, lifting his glasses. Mireille looks around confused.

"Wait, where is Charlie anyway?", she asks, glancing at Pitts through the mirror. Pitts lets out a playful scoff.

"He said something about getting red before we left", he explains. Mireille groans. Meeks, knowing what Mireille is thinking, tries to calm her.

"Don't worry. It won't be anything bad. I hope", he mutters, patting her shoulder. Suddenly, the door opens, and Charlie enters, a smug smile on his face and a brush and red paint in his hands. Meeks shifts to look at him, raising his eyebrow.

"So, Charlie. What's this 'getting red' bit?" They all turn to him, expecting a crazy story. But instead, he keeps quiet and just opens his shirt, revealing a red lightning bolt.

"Ooh." The boys start laughing, except for Knox who's still in his little world, obviously thinking about Chris. Mireille slaps her hand against her forehead.

"W-What is that?", Todd manages to ask between laughter. Charlie's smirk doesn't leave his face. He walks to Mireille, stopping in front of her.

"It's an Indian warrior symbol for virility. Makes me feel potent. Like I can drive my girl crazy." He starts to button up his shirt, looking at his girlfriend seductively. Mireille laughs, slapping his shoulder.

"Well, Mireille, are you going crazy?", asks Knox, partially participating in their conversation. Mireille nods, slinging her arms around Charlie's neck.

"Yeah, totally." Charlie scoffs happily, giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"Come on, guys, Mr. Keating is waiting", says Todd already walking out. The others follow with Mireille and Charlie in the back holding hands.

They enter the lobby. Everyone is chattering about the play and how excited they all are. But Cameron stops, making Meeks, Pitts and Knox bump into each other. They look at him and see that he's staring to the entrance. Mireille is the first one to turn and look there. But before she can say anything, does Knox notice it as well.

"Chris", he says slightly confused. He glances at his friends and gives Mireille a weird look before walking towards her.

"What are you doing here?" He takes her hand, making her look at him. She and Mireille exchange a small smile.