CHAPTER 1: WHO IS VINCENT?

AUTHOR'S POV

"There's been 20 murders in total, what the hell are you all doing?" Officer James Kennedy yelled at his men.

Officer James Kennedy is one of the senior inspectors who has been given a case, till now this mysterious case is number 101, where someone is killing people. He has already murdered 21 people till now.

"Get me the file of this case." Officer Kennedy ordered.

An officer handed the file over to this senior inspector.

James Kennedy sat on his seat and started reading the file while asking all the other officers to leave the room.

Everyone exited the room, they all knew Officer Kennedy was a bit crazy. Crazy in the sense about his work. He loves his work and gets crazy when he couldn't get any evidence about the killers, so at this point leaving him alone was the best option.

Kennedy took an hour to go through the whole file about the murder cases. Marking few things those seemed to be important he called a meeting of other officers.

"After going through the file there are few things I got to know about these murders."

They all looked at Officer Kennedy focused to listen to whatever he had to say next.

"There was one common point in every murder they all were found lying on the streets. Now my question here is why would the killer leave them lying on the streets for everyone to find a dead person? Unless he really wants us to find the body."

"But there is no connection between any of the murders."

Someone from the officers cleared his throat drawing everyone's attention towards him, he stood up from his seat.

"You have anything to say, officer?" Officer Kennedy asked.

"Yes Sir. There is a common relation between all the murders."

Officer Kennedy got serious and asked him "What relation?"

The officer looked scared, he looked around and said "They all were Simon Cameron's men."

"Simon Cameron?"

The officer nodded.

Everyone among the officers started whispering among themselves as soon as they heard the name of Simon Cameron.

Everybody did know this name 'Simon Cameron' though no one has met him but they have heard the name.

He runs a company which is very successful but other than just knowing the name they were scared of him.

Yes. Scared.

He was known to be the most ruthless person, he tortures people mercilessly to get what he wants. This fact about him was known to everyone but no one could touch him.

Simon Cameron is a mafia leader, the most cruel one. He has been underground now for more than 6 years no one has ever seen him after his last case.

His last case where he completely destroyed a whole mafia gang.

The officers of that case knew who was the murderer but didn't have any strong proof against Simon. So they couldn't arrest him. Simon Cameron has always been perfect in his work, he has done his work so perfectly that no one could even doubt him.

"The mafia gang he killed back then were drug dealers, if I am not wrong?" Officer Kennedy said.

The other officer nodded in agreement.

"Why is someone targeting his people? And if someone is doing that why isn't he doing anything? He is just watching his men getting killed, that's not something I know about the Cameron's."